Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
High Tech, IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
The Cyber Defense Center (CDC) within ASML (Veldhoven office) minimizes the damage caused by threat actors bypassing ASML preventative security controls through real time detection & response and therefore protecting ASML assets. By constantly acting on alerts, improving and adapting our monitoring controls we enable ASML to operate in an increasingly hostile environment. We work closely together with other security functions and other ASML teams utilizing our shared in depth knowledge in this effort to secure the business for all our stakeholders. To improve our Incident Response services we are looking for a skilled professional in this area to complement and support our growing team.
FREELANCERS WELCOME TO APPLY!
You will continually watch and respond to security alerts (triage) and work with the Security Operations Center in escalations of notable incidents. You participate in continuous process improvements in order to keep up with the developing threat landscape.
- Respond to medium and high priority incidents by going through the incident lifecycle
- Recognize and codify attacker tools, tactics, and procedures in indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be applied to current -and future investigations
- Carry out the Duty Officer role & CSIRT second line standby role on a periodic basis
- Create and optimize playbooks and workflows both for the SOC and for the CSIRT
- Support in the design and configuration of new incident response and investigative capabilities
- Help in identifying maturity gaps and lack of coverage in current capabilities and define plans for remediation
- Coach and provide guidance to L1 analysts
- Support in the development of threat management capability roadmaps
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in cyber security, Computer science or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 2-3 years of experience working in an analyst/incident responder role within an enterprise environment able to handle more complex incidents end to end yourself.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to take decisive action based on available information in a timely manner;
- Ability to research and characterize security threats to include identification and classification of threat indicators;
- Critical thinking and contextual analysis abilities;
- Investigative and analytical problem solving skills;
- Teamwork, can-do mentality;
- Stress resistant and natural multi-tasker
- Strong time management skills and willing to go above and beyond where required
- Teaching and coaching ambition for junior team members
- Host forensics, network forensics, log analysis and malware (static/dynamic analysis) triage
- Security ticketing systems and basic SOC procedures
- Security tools e.g. log management tools, endpoint and network security controls
- Networking concepts, including TCP/IP protocols and network topology
- Proficient with scripting programming e.g. Bash, PowerShell, Python
- Automation incident response workflow
- the Cyber Kill Chain & MITRE ATT&CK framework
- vulnerabilities, research & testing, tinkering and pulling things apart
- the current vulnerabilities, response, and mitigation strategies used in cyber security;
- Proficient in English (business language)
Willing to work 5/6 weeks in a year in 24/7 on-call shifts to be available for escalations outside business hours.
Certifications: GCIH, GCFA or similar