Secondment via YER
Food, Feed, Pharma
Over deze vacature
Provides uninterruptable flow of raw material for the different sites in Europe, via best in class replenishment execution meeting the scheduled production needed, using the most optimum amount of inventory possible to prevent obsolescence and conserve cash; this role will be located in one of the European Hub locations.
- Mid and long-term purchasing planning (forecast analysis connected with raw materials), providing suppliers with the forecasts.
- Short term purchase orders, placing purchase orders according to MOQ and lead time, monitoring realization of volume allocation and sends out regular delivery schedules to suppliers.
- Conducts daily analysis of all the changes in materials production demand; assesses all the risks of potential material delivery disruption and immediately provides feedback to production planning and manufacturing; proposes solutions on minimizing those risks.
- Align delivery dates and means of delivery with all the suppliers, also introduces all the ongoing corrections in SAP; maintaining relevant data in SA.
- Controls every stage of purchase order execution until material is delivered to site WH.
- Receives and checks all incoming invoices, then, when necessary passes those to customs specialist or whoever should take it as per internal procedure (depending on the supplier type and origin).
- Provides regular documents exchange between R&D department and suppliers, also informs all suppliers of any quality issue identified and any upcoming specification change requests. Controls execution of all compensation activities (material replacement etc ,..) by the suppliers.
- Makes sure all the relevant data (MRP, Purchasing) in the system are up-to-date.
- Regularly conduct analysis of obsolete and “soon to become obsolete” materials, also takes proactive measures on minimizing the impact from those....
- Provides weekly import material delivery plans to customs clearance department.
- Evaluates performance of the supplier and provides relevant data (as per local procedure) to the logistics and factory management teams.
- Participates in supplier qualification process.
- Assure the efficient connection with the factories through Mars signature processes (like FMOS) when needed.
- Takes part in negotiations at conflict situations with suppliers.
- Serves as a backup for the other material planners.
- Recommend changes of raw materials in BOMs.
- Propose and introduce solutions aimed at optimization of stocks and potential obsoletes.
- Support the new initiatives and the qualification process of new suppliers and supplier changes.
- Collaboration with Regional Commercial Operations team; support the development and implementation of regional strategies and projects.
- Management of the supplier relationships in terms of quality, service and efficiency.
- Maintain regular contacts and build good relationship with Suppliers and internal Customers.
- Has a deep understanding of the replenishment systems and how they work and is able to solve any issues when they occur.
Mars is a family-owned company with global sales of more than $35 billion. We produce some of the world's most beloved brands: M&M's, SNICKERS, TWIX, MILKY WAY, DOVE, PEDIGREE, ROYAL CANIN, WHISKA, EXTRA, FREEDENT, SKITTLES and UNCLE BEN'S. In addition to our consumer brands, we proudly care for half of the world's pets through our nutrition, health and service businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitals, BluePearl, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCA and Pet Partners. Mars is headquartered in McLean, Virginia and operates in more than 80 countries. Mars' five principles - Quality, Responsibility, Reciprocity, Efficiency and Freedom - inspire our 125,000 Associates every day to contribute to a better future.
- Higher education.
- >3 years in Logistics.
- Could be from similar industry, distributors or retail.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Fluent in English