Engineering, Industrial, Manufacturing
Over deze vacature
Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Our products have made a valuable difference for our clients for the past 100 years, and we are now looking for a Category Buyer who will join our team and assist us in making a valuable difference in the century to come. The main role purpose is being responsible for the complete purchasing process (sourcing, selecting, negotiating, buying, aftercare) in line with the overall sourcing strategy and business needs. This position is a part of a team of 8 and based in Rheden, the Netherlands.
What needs to be done?
- Handle buying from project phase until transfer of information for PO placement for New Build projects and complete procurement of medium-complex, medium/low-value items for multiple projects
- Handle buying from project phase until PO placement for New Build projects including strong communication with the responsible engineer, project manager and stake holders in order to:
- collect the related drawings/item specification.
- pre-establish the spending limits/to target the budget.
- complete procurement of medium/low and complex value items for multiple projects.
- Set up and manages bid requests for independently sourced items
- Establish contracts and work with internal customers to identify understand and translate purchasing needs
- Perform related purchasing activities, such as colleting applicable specifications or drawings and generation of purchase orders within pre-established spending limits
- Perform related purchasing activities such as order confirmations, required certifications, invoices, delivery/quality mismatches that require short-time reaction
- Achieve and improve on time delivery with the existing supply base for small parts
- Cooperate with safety procedures and further develop a safe working environment internally and externally
- Work continuously on cost reduction opportunities, for example: Develop a business case on small parts for a decision making process to keep parts in stock
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
We work in partnership with our customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century we have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. We are proud that our people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in.
Our mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned our business since it was established. Constantly improving our products and services according to our customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
You will work at a company that is certified as a Top Employer 2021 by the Top Employer Institute and get the chance to develop and realize new improvements, meet suppliers, travel, have technical discussions and celebrate successes in a team with a good atmosphere and dedicated colleagues. In this position you will truly have end-to-end responsibility and accountability in a global presence.
We offer an interesting and challenging position within a professional, international organization with freedom to act and the opportunity to work with a variety of stakeholders. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development. We offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position combined with a Hybrid Working policy that provides the opportunity to work from your home office up to 3 days per week.
- Fluent English fit for negotiation, additional strong German language skills is an advantage
- Economical and technical educational background
- Previous work experience as Technical Buyer / Category Buyer / Procurement / Supply Chain role within a multinational company
- Pro-active personality and ambition to challenge and improve current working-processes
- Effective communication skills
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of supply chain processes, procedures and theory
- Ability to read and understand P&ID’s, part drawings etc.
- Ability to prioritize and flexibility to adapt to changes
- Positive /supporting attitude- willingness to learn