The role is classified at senior level which means that the salary, depending on the seniority of the candidate, is between €70,000 - €95,000/year.
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
The work at the Department of Purchasing takes place in an international, challenging and inspiring environment. Components are sourced for the entire truck (engine, chassis and cabine). This position is focusing on engine components used globally for PACCAR engines. Correctly managing relationships with our suppliers is essential for the continuing success as a truck manufacturer. Purchasing has a strategic and crucial role in the acquisition of competitive products and services. As a Commodity Manager, you will have a central role in this process.
As a Commodity Manager for Filtration & Plastic Engine Components you are responsible for the overall procurement of Oil & Fuel Modules, Filtration and Plastic Engine Components.
- You will act as the ‘spider in the web’ between external suppliers and the internal customers, including Brazil Assembly Plant, Columbus Engine Plant and European Operations.
- You will be responsible for a sound supplier selection and perform the contract negotiations.
- You will buy the necessary products subject to the most favorable conditions in terms of quality, price and delivery reliability.
- You will support and be active in early supplier involvement in new developments. In addition, you constantly engage in conducting market research and benchmarking in order to respond quickly to new market trends.
Working at DAF means working for one of the most successful truck manufacturers in Europe. More than 8,000 employees work at DAF who are proud to be part of the company. People who enthusiastically commit themselves every day to a perfect product range and a growing market share. At DAF you will find an inspiring and challenging working environment where safety comes first. You don't just choose a certain position, you mainly choose a career at DAF. DAF offers its employees an excellent package of benefits, as you would expect from a leading organization. Working in the Purchasing Department of DAF/PACCAR takes place in an international, challenging and inspiring environment. The purchasing process is of strategic importance to DAF Trucks. This is evident from the fact that 75% of the costs of a truck are purchased.
- It is a permanent job. In the first year you will fulfill this role as a contractor via YER.
- DAF has a working week of 37.50 hours. A combination between office and home working is possible.
- The role is classified at senior level which means that the salary, depending on the seniority of the candidate, is between €70,000 - €95,000/year.
- You have a completed bachelor or master degree in e.g. commercial automotive engineering, or (technical) business studies
- You have 3 – 5 years work experience with the ambition to grow as a professional buyer in the automotive industry
- You possess good communication skills, are representable and a skilled negotiator
- You have excellent communication skills in English