Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom, High Tech, Engineering
About this vacancy
Within Applications - a business line within ASML, one of the world market leaders in scanning lithography technology, we create full-stack software products, that run in the most modern Semiconductor Fabs in the world.
We are looking for talented Software Test Engineers to assure the software is developed adhering to the high quality standards we as well as our customer’s expect. If you are quality oriented and like to work in a dynamic environment, where we constantly are pushing the boundaries of what is possible, this could be your next job.
The Software test engineer takes the lead in clarifying the understanding of requirements by all parties involved, by clearly defining why and what are the requirements, and expressing how the requirements are met.
The Software test engineer takes care of the design and automation of the tests that check the quality and functionality of products, while also coaching the team in quality and testability. They participate in all phases of development, from determining the test approach and procedure to troubleshoot and report errors, to communicating recommendations for improvement.
On an even broader scope, the Test Engineer will cooperate with the Test Architect and represent the team in the Test Community gatherings to exchange ideas, experiences and solutions!
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
To be discussed
Education and experience
Skills and Qualifications:
- Software Test engineering knowledge – bachelor’s or master's degree in Software Engineering or similar with 5+ years of experience in defining and automating software tests and the generation of test reports
- Proficiency with testing – should be familiar with several testing techniques and tools, as well as be able to interpret results
- Requirements analysis – should be able to help domain experts and developers produce clear, efficient and effective requirements
- Troubleshooting – should be able to spot the issues and perform root cause analysis
- Creativity – should be able to envision different scenario variations and adapt the solution to the project’s needs and limitations
- Communication – should be able to put information out clearly and concisely
- Fast learner – should be open to learning, as the domain is extremely specific and innovative technologies are constantly integrated
- Healthy mindset – Should have an open and inclusive mindset
Tools and Knowledge:
- Testing tools (e.g., Cucumber, Junit, Cypress)
- Frameworks and practices (e.g., Agile, Scrum, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development)
- Application Life-cycle Management tools knowledge (e.g., Polarion)
- Highly preferred, testing experience in Java based applications as well as CI/CD affinity
- Nice-to-have ASML domain knowledge
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You are passionate about technology and are excited by the idea that your work will impact millions of end-users worldwide
- You are analytical, and product- and quality-oriented
- You like to investigate issues, and you are a creative problem solver
- You are open-minded, you like to discuss technical challenges, and you want to push the boundaries of technology
- You are an innovator, and you constantly seek ways to improve
- You take ownership and you support your team - you are the backbone of your group
- You are client and quality oriented – you do not settle for second-best solutions, but strive to find the best ways to acquire top results