Research & Development
Secondment via YER
Medical & Health
About this vacancy
As a Biomedical R&D engineer, you contribute to innovative solutions that improve the future of healthcare.
In this role you will contribute to the verification and validation of new sensor systems, that can collect multiple physiological signals, and algorithms that extract health parameters from the sensor data, that allow physicians to get more accurate information on the health of the patients. Your activities will be:
- Setting up and performing small data collection studies aimed at validating sensors and algorithms, using the new sensor systems in combination with reference equipment
- Analysing the data resulting of these studies to verify whether the sensor systems and algorithms work correctly and to validate the system and algorithms, by comparing them with the reference equipment
- Supporting larger studies on healthy volunteers
- Supporting in debugging and improving of the sensor systems and algorithms.
By joining the Health Research team in Eindhoven, you will be part of a group of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on wireless and wearable healthcare applications that empower people to manage their own health. We invite you to be part of our ambitious team where your ideas will have an impact on our society and our future lives
You will be employed by YER and seconded to our client. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- MSc degree in biomedical engineering or similar field
- Theoretical and applied knowledge of human physiology;
- Experience with design of experiments and the analysis of large data sets;
- Experience with data collection on human subjects;
- Solid knowledge of MATLAB (must), working knowledge of Python, C (plus);
- Basic knowledge of good clinical practice guidelines (plus)
- Basic knowledge and affinity regarding technical documentation (MDR, FDA ISO-standards) for medical devices (plus).
- Basic knowledge of GDPR and affinity with privacy (plus)
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken);
- Flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow;
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences;
- Hands-on attitude. Taking responsibility for who process of data collection to development of algorithms, including communication and alignment with different stakeholders.