secondment via YER
High Tech, Logistics & Transportation, Medical & Health
Over deze vacature
Are you challenged by finding creative supply chain solutions that match the dynamic world of engineering changes? Do you want to represent our Supply Chain department in technology driven development projects? Do you have additional experience or capabilities that will help our department to develop itself to the next level?
"As ASML develops high-tech modules the PLM PC role is dynamic by nature where we creatively work towards a structure that ensures material availability. I like my PLM PC role since we operate with high level of freedom as we represent the Supply Chain Management sector in the projects" (Jan, 34).
As a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Project Coordinator you participate in cross-sector project teams. In this team you represent Supply Chain Management which makes you responsible to secure material availability for the first prototypes, the ramp-up and to safeguard industrialization at the same time.
Therefore, you start to participate during the earliest phase of the Product Life Cycle. Whereas engineers start creating Technical Product Documentation (TPD) you concurrently assess supply chain impact; what is the impact of design choices for initial material availability, for future ramp up and for industrialization?
And since the teams develop high tech modules against severe time pressure you will need to accommodate and process engineering changes as design choices do not always turn out to be the right ones.
In the engineer change process the Project Coordinator participates in the business case by assessing supply chain impact in terms of material availability and costs. Consequently you will take the lead to implement the change in our supply chain, factories and at customer sites.
"ASML commits non-existent technology to our customer base. The core PLM deliverable is to make all parts available on the required timings. We have procedures and use each other’s best practices, but what I particularly like is the fact that every case has its own specifics which makes the 'puzzle' complex. You need to dig into it and be keen to understand before actually being able to solve it" (Bart, 46)..
- Represent Supply Chain Management in cross sector project teams.
- Plan and report on the timely availability of Bill of Material and TPD in order to pro-actively manage future material availability.
- Create and align on implementation plans for engineering changes safeguarding material timing, cost and quality impact. Monitor proper execution of these implementation plans.
- Determine the supply chain consequences of proposed plan changes.
- Secure design for supply chain: manage embedding of logistic requirements in product design.
- Plan, co-ordinate and administrate the material flow for critical materials (parts, proto, spares, tools & packaging) in close co-operation with Sourcing, Material Planning, Production Planning and Customer Service Planning.
- Support the PLM Project Manager to manage product introduction within the boundaries of the triple constraint (quality, timing, cost).
- Drive the preparation of supply chain capability and industrialization.
- Manage the phase out of products in supply chain to minimize excess and obsolescence risk.
- Contribute to the further development of the Product Lifecycle Management department.
- Master degree (e.g. Supply Chain Management, Operations Management and Logistics)
- 2-6 years experience within a similar environment