Scientist Powertrain Control (medior)
Research & Development, Engineering
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
For our client TNO, we are looking for a Medior Scientist Powertrain Control to work at their Powertrain Department in Helmond.
An integrated development approach is necessary to maximize the overall system efficiency. In order to reduce the system development effort TNO has developed a unique methodology based on a combination of state-of-the-art testing facilities and virtual development. You will participate actively in technical projects, with a main focus on real-time implementation and validation of advanced control algorithms, using rapid control prototyping tools to enable these future technological solutions.
Within our multi-disciplinary international team, you will have an integrator role (industrial experience is preferred). Our Powertrains research department will involve toy directly in developing technologies contributing to our sustainable future. Furthermore, you will play a key role in strengthening and further building on our position in the transport industry, to extend the TNO portfolio further.
You will present the technical results at national and international events and publish the research results in peer reviewed journals. Furthermore, you will follow the recent trends and developments in this field and help translate client needs into working systems and solutions.
Modern means of transport, from passenger cars to heavy-duty road and waterborne transport have to meet increasingly strict emission regulations and greenhouse gas targets. These future challenges will be met with a range of increasingly complex powertrain technologies, ranging from novel high-efficient combustion engine concepts to battery and fuel cell electrification.
TNO is recognized by OEMs and TIERs all over the world as a valuable knowledge partner with unique expertise, tools and facilities. The research group Powertrains is one of the leading players on vehicle energy management technology and has a longstanding track record in the automotive industry. We have developed our own extensive modelling and simulation tools to simulate both conventional, hybrid electric, and fully electric powertrains. The group has its own state-of-the-art testing facilities, where we can measure complete powertrain systems for real world applications. We can perform measurements on an entire vehicle (up to truck size) in our unique altitude climate chamber, and perform on-road measurements for all powertrain types
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client TNO. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- You have a Master’s degree or PhD in a relevant field such as electrical engineering or automotive engineering, supplemented with three to five years of relevant professional experience.
- Based on your education and professional experience you recognize the key trends and developments in powertrain technologies and know how to apply those to clients’ problems.
- You have technical knowledge in the field of control systems, especially in real-time implementation of control algorithms, using Matlab/Simulink. You are familiar with real-time signal processing and rapid control prototyping tools, supplied by dSPACE and/or National Instruments, etc.
- You enjoy developing innovative solutions to technically challenging problems and have the right mix of intellectual curiosity and practical pragmatism.
- Specifically, you have detailed knowledge on practices for powertrain control including prediction elements. You are experienced in direct interactions with (international) customers and can help translate their needs into services and solutions.
- You are an effective team player and enjoy achieving results in teams of varying composition. Moreover, enjoy developing innovative solutions to technically challenging problems and have the right mix of intellectual curiosity and practical pragmatism.
- The job will require some international projects and hence you should occasionally be willing to travel to international customers.