Contract with Client
Over deze vacature
Are you looking for a challenging position in which you can display your knowledge of operational excellence? Would you like to actively contribute to processes in a dynamic working environment, in which creativity and inventiveness are appreciated? Then this vacancy is of interest to you!
As a Process Specialist Procurement you standardize purchasing processes and ensure implementation of these standardizations throughout the complete Neways Group and its existing operating companies.
You operate strategically, should work analytically, and use these analytical skills to identify improvable processes, set company-wide standards, and ensure effective implementation. You are responsible for the implementation of realistic development paths, resulting in a solid purchasing process.
Neways is already transitioning to a uniform way of working. Therefore, multiple improvements have already been identified and require execution, while other improvements are yet to be defined.
To effectively implement proposed changes, a considerable level of stakeholder management experience is of value. The challenge awaiting the Process Specialist Procurement is twofold: in addition to aforementioned tasks, you are actively involved in driving the cultural change necessary to successfully absorb improvements.
You collaborate closely with the supply chain management team and the IT department, meaning you should understand the functionalities and parameter settings of ERP systems used by large, internationally oriented organizations. These teams assist you in technologically supporting the process methodology you apply to internal processes.
As Process Specialist Procurement you are assigned the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Developing a vision for the Neways' purchasing process
- Developing (continuous) improvement projects and supporting tools
- Developing technical and financial business cases in order to implement purchase process improvements
- Supporting and following up on the implementation of the standardized purchasing process
- Advising regarding all aspects of purchase processes
- Evaluating implemented process improvements
- Maintaining good business relations with other business process specialists and process owners
- Assisting purchasing and planning departments in solving process-related and change-related issues
- Contributing to bridging the gap between operational business and Neways' strategy
Neways is a rapidly growing organization focused on producing electronics for smart mobility, connectivity, and semicon solutions. With over 50 years of experience, the company acts as a high-level technology innovation partner for the most demanding customers in the industry.
Neways develops and produces electronics that facilitate major trends around global ESG themes. With over 2.500 specialists across the Netherlands, Germany, USA, China, Czech Republic, and Slovakia Neways enables future solutions for EV charging, electric power trains, digitizing health solutions, sustainable agriculture, microchip production and many additional applications.
Neways provides employees with a developing and harmonizing work environment. You encounter many unique opportunities in this position and are granted creative and inventive freedom to solve these challenges as you please.
Additionally, Neways offers the right candidate the following terms of employment:
- A competitive salary
- Travel allowance
- 27 vacation days and 13 days off work pursuant to the Reduction of Working Hours Act
- Ample opportunities to further develop and grow as a professional
- A challenging job within a rapidly growing, innovative, and project-driven high-tech electronics organization, and an enthusiastic team of highly skilled professionals
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home two days a week
- Holiday pay and a good pension scheme
To excel in this position, you should have an entrepreneurial spirit and communicative skills. You know how to create a solid base for organizational changes, understand how these changes affect a developing organization, and can respectfully convince colleagues of the effectiveness of your proposed policy changes.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate for this position possesses the following:
- Master's degree in the field of Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or equivalent
- 5 years of experience as a buyer, planner or supply chain engineer in an industrial environment
- Willingness to travel to and work at other Neways subsidiaries, including internationally for approximately 25% of your time
- Analytical capabilities, an eye for improvement opportunities, the ability to maintain an overview of the business without losing sight of important details, and an inventive, creative, and hands-on attitude
- Knowledge and experience with Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) processes is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of ERP systems, its functionalities and parameters, preferably Baan4 or Infor
- The ability to bridge contradictions and exercise authority, good social skills and a tactful attitude