Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
"We need you as a Cloud Developer for IoT to be part of our interdisciplinary team to develop software solutions for our projects that will enable next-generation solutions for agriculture, health, nutrition, and food. etc. In this role, you will drive innovation and come up with smart designs while you will work in close collaboration with other software engineers, researchers, biomedical/sensor specialists, and data Scientists."
We need you as a Cloud Developer for IoT to be part of our multidisciplinary team to:
- Develop an IoT platform for edge devices to acquire sensor data and time series.
- Develop a scalable cloud infrastructure deployable for multiple tenants. Typical use cases are platforms to support sensor data acquisition, storing data, enabling access to the data, and present overviews on dashboards.
- Integration of the back-end development with cloud machine learning and data science.
- Develop pipelines for CI and CD (continuous integration deployment).
- Maintain and improve the existing cloud infrastructures.
- Interface with customers on the definition of specifications, interfaces, progress and deliverables.
- Support users of the cloud platform in their evaluation, (lab-based/trial) testing and troubleshooting of prototypes.
- Test the deliverables and participate in code reviews.
- Work closely with the interdisciplinary research team ensuring the end goals of the (prototype) system/application will be met.
"At imec, we shape the future."
How? By enabling nano- and digital technology innovation with a significant impact on the quality of life. With our partners from companies, governments and academia. And supported by the three pillars of our R&D:
- a unique infrastructure that includes a 2.5-billion-euro 300mm semiconductor pilot line
- more than 5,500 expert scientists from over 96 countries
- an ecosystem of more than 600 world-leading industry partners and a global academic network
- BSc or MSc degree in computer science, software engineering, informatics or equivalent fields.
- Experience in software development and cloud development, preferably in the field of IoT with streaming backend development.
- Proficient in version control systems like Git is a must.
- Front-end development experience is preferred.
- Experience with Azure and a programming language in a cloud context. Experience with .NET is a plus.
- Understanding of software architectures.
- Familiarity with automated testing (e.g. unit, functional, integration, regression testing).
- Interest in the field of personalized health and/or agricultural solutions.
- You are starting your career with some years of experience, or you are a senior already. There are several options in our young and growing team.
- Hands-on and flexible attitude, creative mindset, and eagerness to learn and grow are attributes that define you.
- A self-starter who can work outside your field of expertise and enjoy interaction with a multidisciplinary team.
- Good communication skills in English (written and spoken).