Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
We are looking for the technical team player who takes the lead in our engine and after treatment development!
As Performance Lead Engineer in one or more projects, you are responsible for all integration and validation activities in our engine and after treatment development projects.
In this role, you apply your domain knowledge and team skills to take a leading role within Product Development.
- Take ownership of key performance indicators such as fuel economy, emissions, durability, reliability, and diagnostic robustness for your project(s);
- Prioritize and plan test activities for all groups within the Engine Integration & Validation department, in close cooperation with the respective supervisors and line leads;
- Analyse, summarize, review, and report out test and analysis results to (Project) Management;
- Initiate monitoring for performance status and development, and project progress.
Daily activities are in close cooperation with Global Engine Development teams in Eindhoven and North America, and other PACCAR stakeholders (Embedded Engineering, Production Engineering, After Sales, Compliance, etc.).
Within PACCAR Inc., DAF Trucks Global Engine Development is the center of competence for engine and aftertreatment development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for future regulations, for DAF, Peterbilt and Kenworth trucks. Our engines and trucks are best-in-class products in the transportation world, being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with highest reliability and best cost-effectiveness for our customers. The Engine Integration department is responsible for definition, development and calibration of engine and after treatment families towards performance and regulatory requirements. The department is split into 9 groups. The Engine Integration Development department holds a vacancy for a Project Lead Engineer.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience;
- Basic knowledge of engine, after treatment, and on-board diagnostics;
- Good English skills are mandatory, Dutch skills are a pre;
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams is preferable.
- Clear communication, verbally, in writing, and while presenting;
- Initiative, to (have) identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, and improve our engine and after treatment in all applications;
- Cooperation, for bringing groups with different insights together;
- Analytical capacity, to combine information from many different sources on their impact;
- Stress tolerance, for feeling at ease in an environment which can change rapidly.