Secondment with contracting
Energy, Gas, Water
Over deze vacature
Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Their products have made a valuable difference for our clients for the past 100 years, and we are now looking for a Project Manager who will join their team and assist them in making a valuable difference in the century to come. As a Project Manager you are a core team member in their value stream Diaphragm & Periflow that delivers new build compressor installations worldwide. You are the contact person for our customers and the team at HCR, from placing the order to the delivery and commissioning.
What needs to be done?
- Project management of the technical and commercial aspects and monitoring of the technical implementation in line with the contractual specifications, quality, budget and schedule;
- Preparation of the Project Start Up, initiate and execute the tasks related to this phase including the handover of the technical and commercials aspects of the project, organizing and leading the project kick-off with the customer;
- Performing all project management activities including but not limited to risk management, coordination of all project execution related activities, monitoring of suppliers, monitoring and reporting of progress, quality, costs, contract, legal aspects, etc.;
- Leading the multidisciplinary project team;
- Based on customer requirements, interpret and determine the technical scope and technical implementation;
- Ensure that required technical documentation such as datasheets, drawings, diagrams, vendor specifications are provided by the engineering team;
- Ensure technical standards are used and implemented (API, ATEX, IEC, ASME VIII);
- Organize the project meetings and reviews, with clients and project team members and ensure documentation of the results and follow-up of the actions.
Howden enables their customers’ vital processes, which advance a more sustainable world. This is the Howden vision that drives us! Liaise with colleagues in 34 countries. They offer global and local opportunities, 6000 employees and world leading engineers, who create cutting edge developments.
You will be a part of over 160 years of innovation and development that continues today with their digital solutions. At Howden they have a strong corporate identity and purpose. You will be a member of their team, shaping the future of the world and tackling some of the most pressing issues facing the planet. Their products and organization are Revolving Around You. Their culture promotes individual development to enhance their most important asset – their people.
You will get the chance to lead projects in the Hydrogen Economy, meet customers, have technical discussions and celebrate the successful execution of a project in a team with a good atmosphere and dedicated colleagues. They offer an interesting and challenging position within a professional, international organization with freedom to act and the opportunity to work with a variety of stakeholders. As they consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, they offer opportunities for personal and professional development. Potential future positions could be within other Howden locations or a vertical or horizontal move within HCR. They offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position and in addition an extensive package of fringe benefits.
What do you need to bring?
- Relevant technical education (Bachelor degree Mechanical Engineering or similar);
- Technical knowledge and technical interest in a broad range of disciplines (rotating, mechanical, systems and processes);
- Commercial understanding and creativity to find the best technical-commercial solution (thinking out of the box);
- Strong Project Management skills;
- A continuous improvement mindset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including an open and engaging communication style;
- Team player, ownership and a self-starter mentality;
- Excellent in setting priorities and strong time management skills;
- Excellent English language skills.