Project Manager Howden
Over deze vacature
Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Their products have made a valuable difference for their clients for the past 100 years, and they are now looking for a Project Manager who will join their team and assist them in making a valuable difference in the century to come. As a Project Manager you are a core team member in the value stream Recips & Centrifugal that delivers new build compressor installations worldwide. You are the contact person for their customers and the team at HCR, from placing the order to the delivery and commissioning.
What needs to be done?
- Project management of the technical and commercial aspects and monitoring of the technical implementation in line with the contractual specifications, quality, budget and schedule
- Preparation of the Project Start Up, initiate and execute the tasks related to this phase including the handover of the technical and commercials aspects of the project, organizing and leading the project kick-off with the customer
- Performing all project management activities including but not limited to risk management, coordination of all project execution related activities, monitoring of suppliers, monitoring and reporting of progress, quality, costs, contract, legal aspects, etc.
- Leading the multidisciplinary project team
- Based on customer requirements, interpret and determine the technical scope and technical implementation
- Ensure that required technical documentation such as datasheets, drawings, diagrams, vendor specifications are provided by the engineering team
- Ensure technical standards are used and implemented (API, ATEX, IEC, ASME VIII)
- Organize the project meetings and reviews, with clients and project team members and ensure documentation of the results and follow-up of the actions
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of their engineering expertise and technology, their equipment plays an integral role within their customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
They work in partnership with their customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century they have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. They are proud that their people and business are part of the communities in which they operate in.
Their mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned their business since it was established. Constantly improving their products and services according to their customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
You will work at a company that has been certified as a Top Employer 2020 by the Top Employer Institute. You will get the chance to lead projects in the Hydrogen Economy, meet customers, have technical discussions and celebrate the successful execution of a project in a team with a good atmosphere and dedicated colleagues. They offer an interesting and challenging position within a professional, international organization with freedom to act and the opportunity to work with a variety of stakeholders. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, they offer opportunities for personal and professional development. Potential future positions could be within other Howden locations or a vertical or horizontal move within HCR. They offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position and in addition an extensive package of fringe benefits.
What do you need to bring?
- Relevant technical education (Bachelor degree Mechanical Engineering or similar)
- Technical knowledge and technical interest in a broad range of disciplines (rotating, mechanical, systems and processes)
- Commercial understanding and creativity to find the best technical-commercial solution (thinking out of the box)
- Strong Project Management skills
- A continuous improvement mind-set
- Excellent interpersonal skills including an open and engaging communication style
- Team player, ownership and a self-starter mentality
- Excellent in setting priorities and strong time management skills
- Excellent English language skills