Contract with Client
Engineering, Energy, Gas, Water
Over deze vacature
Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Their products have made a valuable difference for clients for the past 100 years, and we are now looking for a Manager Spare Parts to join the management team of their Aftermarket organization.
In the renewable, industrial and PCOG market, the Manager Spare Parts drives growth and profitability of the Aftermarket business by leading the aftermarket procurement team and the inside sales team and by enabling the team to execute spare parts orders as efficient as possible, from release of an order to receipt of the payment from the customer. The Manager Spare Parts enjoys working in an international and challenging environment and enjoys enabling our customer’s success. This is a unique opportunity to work for a company that has a leading role in the energy transition!
What needs to be done?
- To ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction through driving pace and responsiveness in order to meet customer needs;
- Inspiring and developing a high performing team that in turn will allow the wider organization to function efficiently;
- Lead all operational activities that support our regional offices in delivering spare parts orders to our customers worldwide. This includes operational planning of activities, ensure safe and proper work standards and work as a team with the Aftermarket leadership team to deliver the organizational objectives;
- Work in alignment with the global Howden strategy and drive cooperation with the regional Howden locations;
- Working closely with regional offices of Howden to grow the Howden Aftermarket business worldwide;
- Set and achieve relevant performance targets and metrics for the team and department which include but not limited to development of people and reducing delivery cycle times;
- Working as part of the Aftermarket Management Team to pro-actively drive sustainable business growth;
- Performing all people leadership related activities, including professional development, coaching, talent management, performance management and recruitment.
Howden enables their customers’ vital processes, which advance a more sustainable world. This is the Howden vision that drives us! Liaise with colleagues in 34 countries. They offer global and local opportunities, 6000 employees and world leading engineers, who create cutting edge developments.
You will be a part of over 160 years of innovation and development that continues today with their digital solutions. At Howden they have a strong corporate identity and purpose. You will be a member of their team, shaping the future of the world and tackling some of the most pressing issues facing the planet. Their products and organization are Revolving Around You. Their culture promotes individual development to enhance their most important asset – their people.
What will you get in return?
This is a key position within the Aftermarket organization that drives growth in established and new markets. This exciting, vital and challenging role provides the right individual with the opportunity to develop themselves in many facets including leadership, customer focus and commercial experience. This means a big challenge but also the opportunity to really make a difference and have impact on the business. You will have freedom to act, the opportunity to focus on people and customers and drive our customer focus in the organization. Future career opportunities are a position within the Senior Management Team (Director Value Stream position f.e.), regional sales leadership positions in Howden or career opportunities at Group level.
What do you need to bring?
- Strong customer focus;
- BSc degree in business, commercial or supply chain;
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in leading a small team;
- Experienced and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to inspire and manage teams that includes both technically and commercially focused people;
- A very logical and structured approach;
- Experience in optimizing supply chain;
- Experience in working with agents, regional offices and/or distributors is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong change management skills;
- Strong business and financial focus and drive;
- Ability to create a winning atmosphere;
- Ambition, positive attitude, creativity and ability to think outside the box;
- Solution oriented, ability to build bridges and to have a healthy debate;
- A no-nonsense mentality and strong decision making skills;
- Team player mentality, strong time management skills, a mentality that questions the status quo but also ability to design and implement alternatives, ability to zoom in and zoom out, from operational to strategic and back;
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), including reporting skills;
- Living in or willing to relocate to the Netherlands;
- Willingness to travel occasionally.