Good employee benefits
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Are you a born people manager who’s energized by leading a team of professional management assistants (that support ASML’s senior management) and who loves challenges in every aspect of his job?
We would like to welcome an enthusiastic, professional team player to complete the management team of our Management Support Organization (MSO). Do you have a proven track record with coaching and developing a team of management assistants or a similar operational team? We would like to receive your resume and motivation letter in English.
Context of the position
We believe that semiconductor technology is a force for good. Without it, there would be no smartphones, internet or modern aviation to connect us, wherever and whoever we are. There would be no satellites to better understand our planet, and none of the medical technology that helps to diagnose and treat disease.
ASML is a key player in the world that makes that all happen. In fact, there is a big chance ASML is part of the electronic device you’re using right now, because we are a world leading manufacturer of chip-making machines. We provide chipmakers with state-of-the-art hardware, software and services to mass produce patterns on silicon, increasing the value of a chip while making them faster, smaller and at lower manufacturing cost.
Headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, we currently employ over 36,000 people worldwide, spread across 60+ offices. In 2021, ASML’s net sales added up to 19 billion euro’s..
Within ASML, the Management Support Organization (MSO) team is organized in one central department consisting of more than 170 assistants, supporting over 500 managers. ASML is growing fast, so will the support of our ASML top managers.
Are you ready to be part of our progress?
As an MSO Team Lead you are responsible for leading a team of approximately 15-20 management assistants that directly report to you. Your main goal is to align the request for support from the ASML’s senior management with the available support. You have to take into account budget restrictions, level and quality of assistants and the match between development needs and opportunities in the department of the requesting managers.
In this role you will be responsible for all activities that lead to a high quality management support service for ASML’s senior management. Your key responsibilities are:
- Selection and hiring of management assistants
- Coaching and motivating management assistants
- Responsible for individual and team performance and development.
- Continuous alignment with the supported managers on the offered services and quality level
- Capacity planning for your team in alignment with the other Team Leads and Group Leads of MSO
- Contribute and taking the lead in multiple improvement projects (MSO level), or projects in multidisciplinary areas
- Promote the MSO and build a strong and reliable assistant force.
- Promote working together, standardization of processes, seek for opportunities to optimize the daily work, create an open culture by equality and be a sparring partner for assistants and senior management
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Bachelor's in Business Administration, Personnel Management, or equivalent.
5+ years of work experience in similar role.
- You have strong communication skills to be able to communicate clearly, concisely and directly to peers, assistants and supported management. You have a natural way of communication and the ability to level with all layers in the organization
- English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
- You are able to grow positive relationships with supported management, colleagues and assistants, at all organizational levels
- You are a team player
- You are results-oriented, you have a positive approach and you have a drive to success.
- You are able to create an extended planning with preparation horizon in terms of >12 months for Cluster(s) and MSO
- You are able to translate policy or planning into group objectives
- You initiate and give input to further develop guidelines/standards
- You contribute to the translation of ASML policies to MSO
- You are able to apply multiple styles in engaging stakeholders by: (Stating, Hierarchy, Legitimizing, Relationship, Logic, Exchanging, Joint problem solving, Set the example)
- You have a proven ability to prioritize and to be flexible
- You are a proactive and enthusiastic person, who is willing to take initiative, feels at ease in an international and fast-paced environment and knows how to set priorities under pressure
- You work independently; identifies and solves problems in a timely manner; escalates when necessary.
- You have an open mind for new developments and change and make recommendations for improvement of further professionalizing our Management Support Organization