Over deze vacature
The Innova software platform is a market leading Production Control Software (MES) package specifically developed and designed for the Food Processing Industry. It is based on the Microsoft technology stack and is the world’s leading traceability and production control software at our customers. It enables real-time monitoring of KPIs such as yield, throughput, quality and efficiency. Since its release in 2008 the platform has been taken in to use by 1,500 customers, many of the world’s leading food processors in the Poultry, Fish and Meat Industries.
For our Innova software platform, we are currently looking for a software engineer to strengthen the team that works on the applications for the Meat Industry. In this Scrum team, you work on projects that enable the digital transformation of the processing equipment in the Meat industry. These projects typically involve the development and implementation of data processing, device configuration, dash boarding and reporting.
If you have experience in developing applications in an industry domain and even some experience in developing for the cloud, you might be the right candidate for this position.
In the role of a Software Engineer, you will contribute to the development of our Innova software that supports Marel’s vision of transforming the way food is processed.
- Keywords for this job are C#, .NET framework, .Net Core, WinForms, MSSQL Server, Git, ASP.Net, Angular, WebApi, Azure Devops, Oracle, Scrum, International Software organization.
- Analyze requirements and write design specifications for software modules and software features.
- Technical Design, implementation and testing of software modules and software features.
- Contribute to team collaboration and build team spirit.
- This role may also include some on-site work related to new product releases, support and training of other colleagues.
- This means occasionally travel to customers (2 - 5 times a year) is expected, which can happen during weekends also.
The company is a global leader in transforming the way food is processed.
We support the production of high quality, safe and affordable food by providing solutions, services and software to the poultry, meat and fish processing industries, in addition to the newly acquired varieties of pet food, aqua feed and plant-based proteins.
Sustainability is at the core of our business, our groundbreaking solutions reduce waste while improving yields and creating economic value.
With a network of around 7,000 people in over 30 countries, we’re always close by and ready to help. From the first spark of inspiration to implementing a solution, we’re committed to excellence in everything we do.
Exellent working conditions
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or similar, a master’s degree in relevant fields is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in object-oriented programming languages, in combination with .NET software development, is preferred.
- Strong design and coding skills with the ability to pick up new languages, tools and design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and good understanding of database operations.
- Familiar with Agile software development frameworks like Scrum.
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
- Result-driven with good analytical skills.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.