Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
As a Java developer, you will join one of our multinational Scrum teams to create state-of-the-art software solutions. Teams are composed of five to ten developers, a Scrum Master and a Product Owner. We are committed to following a (scaled) Agile way of working, with sprints and demos every two weeks, aiming for frequent releases of working software. In all teams, we cooperate with internal and external experts from different knowledge domains to discover and build the best solutions possible. We use tools like Continuous Integration with GIT, Jira and Bamboo. We move fast to help our customers reach their goals, and we strive to create reliable and well-tested software; because failures in our software stack can severely impact customers' operations.
Java developers at ASML are passionate about engineering. They create software crucial to the development of next-generation microchips. People often refer to ASML lithography systems as ‘the most complex machines in the world’, and these unique machines need unique software engineering solutions. There are no borrowed patterns or published designs to use: every line of code is a result of technical conversations and brainstorming between colleagues with diverse engineering backgrounds.
The work of our software developers combines extreme complexity and large volumes of data to find solutions to correct nanometer-sized inaccuracies in the chip making process. They work in multi-skilled teams alongside physicists and mathematicians, to determine the best combination of parameter adjustments to meet customer’s goals.
You and your team are responsible for requirement engineering, design, implementation, testing and integration. Each team consists of software development engineers, a tester, functional experts, product owner and a scrum master.
In ASML, we mainly use Java to develop LithoInSight, software with a user-friendly interface that our customers use to optimize the chip manufacturing process. Our software takes the vast amount of metrology data produced by YieldStar systems and translates it into instructions that the chip manufacturing equipment can use to correct for production inaccuracies.
Java is also used for our diagnostic tools. You’ll use Java to further develop these tools that analyse the logs and data produced by ASML lithography systems. Diagnostic tools help our customer support engineers get insights into the cause of distortions in the chip making process.
As a Java developer, you’ll:
- Work in a team of highly skilled software engineers responsible for developing software that enables the ever-increasing miniaturization of semiconductor technology
- Use Agile methodology to develop the software Create designs that are modular, scalable, robust and meet customer requirements
- Perform unit testing and on target testing to ensure the software meets the high
- quality standards our customers expect
- Communicate with customers and other stakeholders to gather a complete understanding of their requirements
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture
- Participate in continuous process improvement activities
- Git repository and Git workflow
- CI/CD DevOps tools (e.g. Bitbucket, Bamboo or similar)
- Microservice architecture
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical background
- 3-5 years of experience with Java and/or full-stack object-oriented development experience
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Knowledge of distributed computing systems, practical experience
- Experienced in build and release infrastructure, Maven, Nexus, Bamboo, GitHub
- Developed Microservices, considerable experience with Spring Boot
- Experience with database technologies such as SQL, MongoDB
- Experience with distributed message queues/logs such as Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Understand inter process communication and JVM peculiarities.
- Experienced Java EE developer, fluent in Java 8, Java 11
- Experience with modern technology introduction @ zero downtime including data migration
- Fan of automatic testing and qualification, if you can be part of CI/CD pipeline.
- Ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines
- Ability to take ownership and focus on results
- Ability to identify bottlenecks and improvements
- Good communications skills