Contract with Client, Secondment with contracting
Over deze vacature
Are you looking for a dynamic position in an international company? Do you like fulfilling different roles relating to contract management and increasing awareness on legal matters? This job opening at Howden Thomassen Compressors, one of the world's leading manufacturers of reciprocating compressors, could be the one for you!
You will ensure that the interests of Howden are protected in commercial contracts with customers, suppliers, agents and other commercial parties. Furthermore, you will offer support in corporate law cases. You are able to effectively resolve issues both internally and with external customers and business partners. Also, you will create and increase awareness on legal matters within the organisation. You will provide legal guidance and support and conduct training on terms and conditions and contract risk management. You will be the first point of contact in the Netherlands, but with a big legal team on standby. You will report to the Finance Director.
Immediate performance objectives:
- Get acquainted with the business (products, customers, suppliers, agents, legal team, etc.) of Howden Thomassen Compressors B.V. and Howden BC Compressors SA;
- Review customer terms and conditions of contract and render advice to business the consistent with Howden Group policy;
- Review and negotiating international commercial contracts;
- Negotiate a variety of complex commercial transactions including sales, procurement and other contractual agreements;
- Provide assistance in relation to contract disputes and warranty claims;
- Have a good understanding of bonding and guarantees and have the ability to negotiate as part of the overall contract negotiations;
- Negotiate and liaise with customers on behalf of business units as required.
Strategic/big picture deliverables:
- Provide guidance and conduct training courses on terms and conditions and contract risk management;
- Ability to effectively resolve issues both internally and with external customers and business partners;
- Effectively present information to management; ability to draft letters and correspondences as needed.
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
We work in partnership with our customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century we have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. We are proud that our people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in. Our mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned our business since it was established. Constantly improving our products and services according to our customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still. Howden Thomassen Compressors received the 2021 certification as a ‘Top Employer’ in The Netherlands! This recognition subscribes Howden’s dedication to putting its people first!
Howden offers an interesting and challenging position within a professional, international organization with freedom to act, improve processes and the opportunity to work with a variety of stakeholders. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development. Potential future positions could be within other Howden locations or a horizontal move within the company. You will be employed by YER and seconded to Howden. We offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position and which is supplemented by an extensive package of fringe benefits.
- A HBO/WO degree in (commercial contracts or corporate) law
- Extensive experience (3 – 5 years in a similar or comparable role) preferably within a multinational company / high demanding stakeholder environment
- English fluent verbal and in writing (Dutch is desirable)
- Highly skilled in reviewing commercial contracts and terms and conditions
- Highly skilled in bank guarantees and letter of credits
- Affinity with corporate law
- Good communication skills supplemented by an outgoing and winning together mentality
- Analytical skills, able to see the big picture and risks and opportunities quickly
- Proactive, solution-oriented and culturally sensitive professional