About this vacancy
As an Engine Aftertreatment Verification Engineer you will be part of a team which verifies our best in class engines and aftertreatments on emission and functional performance under all conditions.
- Develop and test heavy duty diesel engines with focus on engine emission and aftertreatment performance verification
- Verify integrated performance of many engine and aftertreatment functions, all with the goal to prove functional performance, optimal fuel economy and emission performance within the defined constraints
- Take initiative to constantly improve tools, processes, engine test standards and propose product improvements
- Stays aware of new engine and aftertreatment technology including measurement tools
- Documentation of test results, failures and possible improvements
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Maintain positive working relationship with the rest of the global PACCAR team
Within PACCAR Global Engine Development, the Systems Verification group is a newly-organized global team with engineers located at the state-of-the-art DAF Engine Test Center in Eindhoven and PACCAR Technical Center near Seattle. Together we take on the challenge to verify our future combustion engine platforms towards upcoming emission and on-board diagnostics legislation, with best total cost of ownership and at the highest reliability in all applications.
YER offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor or Master degree in Automotive Technology, Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics
- Close affinity with internal combustion engines
- Knowledge of DOC, DPF, urea dosing, and/or SCR systems
- Engine testing experience, preferably on heavy duty truck engines, including test planning
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills
- MATLAB experience (modeling and scripting) is a plus
- Knowledge of statistics
- This person has the following competences
- Result orientation
- Progress monitoring
- Attention to details
- Excellent English skills both verbally and in writing and Dutch skills are preferred
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.