About this vacancy
Pro-active team player for challenging role with strong technical and communicative focus
In your position as Base Engine Development Engineer you are responsible for development and release of new engine components. You will support the existing Mechanical Expert team on a variety of responsibilities such as:
- Develop new or adapt existing constructions in cooperation with the project design group, internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Define validation activities to support the component release process.
- Check supplier proposals on feasibility and robustness
- Check drawing quality as part of the drawing release proces.
- Manage feasibility robustness analyses at supplier
- Focus is functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability.
- Close contact with Operations, Aftersales, Testing department, simulation team and suppliers
- Working according Six Sigma techniques and problem resolution development acc. DMAIC principle.
- Pro-actively coordinate and monitor planning and releases in line with project milestones.
As Running Business Engine Development Engineer you report to the Supervisor of the Base Engine group and Project Lead Engineer of the Running Business Team.
Within the PACCAR Inc., DAF Engine & Engine After-treatment System (EAS) development is the center of competence for development. In our state-of-art testing center we develop engine and EAS configurations for the future regulations. Our trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers. The department Engine & EAS Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine and EAS concepts and maintaining the in-production products. The department is split in 5 groups; CAE, Injection & Turbo, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries and EAS.
For the Base engine group, we have an open position for an Engine Development Engineer supporting the release of new components with different functions and created in various production processes.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor or Master degree on Mechanical or Engine Engineering.
- Several years Experience in production process techologies as:
- Casting processes (sand casting, Gravity diecasting, HPDC)
- 5 years of experience in a product development environment.
- Proactive mindset and ability to work independently
- Strong verbal, written and presenting communication skills (English mandatory, willingness to learn Dutch)
- Ability to handle multiple projects thank to strong organization skills, problem solving mind and result driven personality.
- Knowledge of engine components and systems is a pre
- Capable of fast in depth expertise knowledge built-up
- Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills.
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.