Apply to this vacancy
About this vacancy
Program/Transformation Manager Voice Services
You will be working as an ad interim Program/Transformation Manager with sufficient overlap to hand-over to the new manager. The current organization has challenges in completing the requested amount of work and not meeting project deadlines. Lots of stakeholders depend on the configuration, integration work of the Voice department. This assignment is to create a stable organization with a good project management function, as well as to optimize supplier contracts (with Nokia).
You are responsible for the Voice department, which consists of 8 DevOps teams. Three of these teams will be the responsibility of the Manager Voice, while the other 7 teams will be led by two Team Leads, which will report to you as a manager. The department consist of DevOps engineers, project managers, Team Leads and an architect, with about 55 professionals in total. The Manager Voice by will be part of the management team consisting of 6 Managers in total, reporting to the VP of Network Services.
With your strong industry knowledge and awareness of changing technology trends both within and outside the sector you will be the driving force behind our ambition. Some of your activities to achieve this:
- The development of our Voice vision and strategy (next 5 years) in coordination with internal stakeholders and the realization of decision-making on this strategy (leadership teams on VP and EVP levels).
- Management of (chain-wide) innovations with various stakeholders within and outside the Technology & Digital segment.
- Operation of the systems, including directing and steering in case of major disturbances.
- Implementation and execution of the Voice (annual) plan.
- Managing the Voice department consisting of 10 teams and 55 internal and external employees. Direct HR responsibility for 7 internal employees, including 2 team leads.
- Budget responsibility for both annual investment costs (CAPEX) and annual operating expenses (OPEX).
- Control of various Voice programs and projects, processes and improvement initiatives.
They can proudly say that they have the best network in the Netherlands – and even in the world for mobile services. An important part of the strategy for the coming years is to strengthen this position in the market by offering the best service experience to our customers. In addition to continuously improving their superior fixed and mobile network, they must also invest in the digitalization of the network, and the services that are provided on it. Network Services is a driving force behind this ambition.
To be determined
For this vacancy of Manager Voice, we are looking for a person that can drive transformations and is able to reach results. You have strong leadership skills and the ability to drive change and innovation. You have experience in creating an organization that is tailored to our strategy. You have knowledge and experience to create plans to make an impact on people, process and technology.
In addition, you bring:
- WO working and thinking level.
- At least 10-15 years of knowledge/experience gained in the telecom sector, preferably in the technical network or services area.
- Strong analytical skills to understand complex (technical) matters.
- The ability to set a vision and translate this vision into a strategy and (long term) roadmap for the next 3-5 years.
- The ability to prepare presentations and decision documents and present them on different levels in the organization, ranging from employees in the department to the CTDO.
- Communication skills to convey complex issues to stakeholders at the right level of abstraction.
- Good verbal and written communication in English.
- Able to represent to the government regarding progress on implementation of laws and regulations.
- Able to respond quickly to the changes and translate this to the teams.
- Ability to influence the organization and its environment.
- Ability to adapt the leadership style to the maturity of the team.
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.