Lead Container Platform | AWS | EKS
Apply to this vacancy
About this vacancy
Shape the present & the future | Be the Lead that drives the multi-tenant container platform to new heights!
- Platform Design: Shape the current and future design of our container platform, considering new developments and business requirements.
- Innovation: Investigate, test, and implement cutting-edge tools and software to enhance the entire Container Platform.
- Technology Advancement: Elevate our technology stack using innovative solutions and assist other teams in realizing the full potential of your products.
- Optimization: Continuously optimize the Container Platform in areas such as automation, security, robustness, management, and cost-efficiency.
- Collaboration: Partner with DevOps teams and other parties to assess new strategies, market trends, and technologies.
- Communication: Promote and support DevOps teams by creating documentation, offering demonstrations and presentations, and actively assisting them.
TechBase Platforms Unit is seeking a Container Platform Tech Lead to drive our multi-tenant container platform to new heights. TechBase is the foundation of our engineering community where we drive change and innovation in our organization with our diverse skills and knowledge.
We are a dynamic team within TechBase Platforms responsible for designing, developing, configuring, and maintaining our multi-tenant EKS container platform hosted in AWS, supporting thousands of mission-critical microservice applications across hundreds of development teams.
As the Container Platform Tech Lead, you will be responsible for shaping the present and future of our container platform. You will lead the charge in maintaining, optimizing, and enhancing our EKS-based container platform. Your role is pivotal in ensuring the platform remains secure, reliable, cost-effective, and aligns with business requirements. Collaboration with DevOps teams and other stakeholders is key, as you assess new strategies, market trends, and technologies to maximize development efficiency.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to KPN. We offer:
- Permanent contract
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong experience in the development, configuration, and maintenance of Kubernetes solutions on virtualized infrastructure or public cloud. AWS EKS experience is preferable.
- Strong understanding of container technologies, preferably with Kubernetes certifications.
- Proven experience in running Kubernetes in production within highly available, scalable, and secure platforms.
- Strong experience with Helm and building charts for Kubernetes.
- Proficiency in monitoring Kubernetes using tools like Prometheus and Grafana.
- Strong experience with Terraform and Terragrunt.
- Working knowledge of Rancher, Cilium, Kyverno, KEDA is a big plus.
- Experience with AWS, accompanied by relevant certifications.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for system, network, and application-related issues.
- Knowledge of Go, Python and Bash scripting.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools like GitLab, GitHub, Azure DevOps Pipeline, or Jenkins.
- Familiarity with infrastructure testing.
- Working experience with fully automated testing.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned tasks.
- Strong project management skills, capable of handling multiple projects or responsibilities concurrently.
- GitOps mentality for managing Kubernetes clusters and applications via CI/CD pipelines.
- Passion for automation, open source technologies, and tools.
- A product mindset.
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.