About this vacancy
Project Lead Engineer E-Truck within Embedded Engineering
You will support the project team in coordinating the Embedded Engineering activities within the project team realizing the project targets for the Embedded areas hardware and software enabling DAF Trucks to expand their excellent position in the market by making trucks safer to drive, easier to operate in the best possible way to the truck driver. For Embedded Engineering, part of DAF Product Development, we are searching for an Project Lead Engineer Electric Truck.
You will be part of an experienced international team of the Platform Development group of DAF Embedded Engineering that is located in our modern new office in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Embedded Engineering has over 130 highly skilled people today. Together they deliver world class engineering in the domains of engine controllers and vehicle controllers.
Next to that, focusing on common software development, Embedded Engineering works closely together with PACCAR Embedded Engineering located in Renton (near Seattle), the USA.
The products developed within Embedded Engineering are applied on DAF trucks but also in the famous PACCAR brands Kenworth and Peterbilt. Through component sales our products are used by leading bus and coach manufacturers.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to
combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER
Technology. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Creating and monitoring project plans for software and hardware development from master project plans
- Coordinating EE project activities with our stakeholders to realise project deliverables
- Presenting and reporting project status for Quality, Cost, Timing and Performance (QCTP)
- Monitoring of realization of functions defined in the Project Description book
- Creating budget forecasts and monitoring of budget
- Monitoring of technical in line with strategies defined by line management
- Initiating and defining risk analysis and validation plans
- Organise project status stand-ups with EE project teams members
- Distributing know-how between specialists and engineering team members
The Project Lead Engineer reports to the Engineer Manager EE Platform Development with respect to process, quality and to the corresponding Project Manager for project status.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Technical education on college/university level with at least 4 year experience in leading projects (preferably in the automotive domain)
- Experience with coordination of multiple engineers in different domains
- Experience with creating and monitoring of project plans (preferably in MS Project)
- Team player, pro-active, strong analytical skills, problem solving attitude
- Experience with monitoring, reporting and presenting project status to management
- Experience with hardware and software development within the embedded systems domain (automotive is an asset)
- Experience with creating of requirement specifications for software and hardware components
- Experience with change management and defect management processes
- Experience with initiating and defining risk analysis and validation plans
- Knowledge of requirement management
- Knowledge of design for Six Sigma methodology
- Knowledge of embedded software design processes (according the V-cycle)
- Knowledge of hardware design processes for Embedded components
- Knowledge of model-based design techniques is preferred
- Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink is preferred
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Good English skills are mandatory combined with Dutch (or at least willingness to learn Dutch)
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.