About this vacancy
Do you want to accelerate innovation and the creation of new healthcare products that matter?
Do you believe that healthcare needs to be revolutionized and that a combination of connected consumer propositions and medical devices will drive that revolution?
Do you want to help define the future of healthcare by developing first-of-a-kind solutions that have a positive impact on people’s health?
Within the Application Software group as part of the Software Components and Capabilities Netherlands Department, we are looking for an enthusiastic Software Engineer who will work together with the existing Integration Lab team in realizing the connected solutions of existing and future Philips products.
As a Software Engineer in the Integration Lab you are responsible for:
- Realize and handover agreed system solution in agile manner with high quality.
- Contribute to Integration Lab sandbox, shopping window and knowledge hub.
- Adapting and improving you and your team to a world that is constantly changing around you
- Drawing up a personal schedule and reporting on progress in a structured and methodical way keeping the costs of the activities in line with the calculated budget
- Ensuring that there is proper documentation for the developed software.
- Combining existing and/or purchased modules into components, which can be integrated into a working system.
Your team will work according to the Agile principles of Scrum and eXtreme Programming. You will work on highly innovative, first-of-a-kind propositions that are new within Philips, so an entrepreneurial mindset is an advantage. Together with your team, you will strive for continuous improvement of deliverables, your way of working, and yourself. The world doesn’t run from 9 to 5, so flexible working hours can be combined with a healthy work-life balance. Colleagues will challenge and coach you and you should willingly return the favor.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. We offer:
- Permanent employment
- Excellent remuneration
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
We are looking for someone with …
- A Bachelor or Master Degree in Software Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent
- Preferably some years of relevant work experience in (networked) prototype or product development
- Experience with development methodologies like Agile/Scrum
- Experience with installation & configuration of software systems on-prem & cloud (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with programming React
- Experience with automation of SW testing, delivery and operations
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art database technologies
- Affinity with healthcare interoperability standards like HL7, FHIR, IHE, DICOM.
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.