About this vacancy
Technical Support Engineer
As member of the Technical Support Team, you are dedicated to the NH90 Helicopter program and you support the customers in technical matters arising during the fleet maintenance. By tapping on your engineering background/expertise, you will serve as the main point of contact for solving queries by our customers, you will create and manage technical solutions and you will coordinate the process so that the product's airworthiness and qualification requirements are met.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you create and provide In-Service Support solutions by taking into account airworthiness and qualification requirements. This means that:
- You coordinate and answer technical queries from NH90 helicopter operators and you substantiate the similarity of a technical solution to different variants. This includes controlling the status and monitoring.
- You coordinate the creation of Repair Design Approval Sheets (RDAS) together with Sustaining Engineers.
- You liaise with Program Management, Fokker TechPub, Fokker engineering, airworthiness and NH90 Partner Companies on the above topics.
- You continuously support the improvement of the NH90 product & services and the Fokker technical support process.
- You support and deputize the NH90 Product Support manager & Service Bulletin Focal Point in his daily activities.
- If required, you are able to create and write a Service Bulletin in a pre-defined format.
- You represent Fokker on international level (Technical Single Point Of Contact).
- You report and archive your work.
Our client is reimagining air travel: going further, faster and greener! Fuelled by great people whose expertise and creativity sets the standards in our industry, they’re inspired by the opportunities to innovate and break boundaries. The organization is proud to play a part in protecting the world’s democracies. And they’re committed to putting sustainability at the centre of everything they do, opening up and protecting our planet. With over 15,000 employees across 41 manufacturing sites in 13 countries they serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. There are no limits to where you can take your career.
Besides an innovative and international work environment that offers you a good work-life balance, we offer you opportunities to learn and grow, a competitive salary, pension plan, 25 vacation days/13 ADV days and travel allowance (from 10 km single journey) as well.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- An intermediate/higher vocational education level (MBO-4/HBO) preferably in a technical background (Mechanical/Aerospace) OR equivalent working experience.
- You can demonstrate either hands-on experience in MRO environment or previous working experience in a mechanical assembly.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience within a technical customer support team/role, preferably in the Aerospace or Defense industry.
- Interest in stress calculations (Patran/Nastran) is a pre.
- You are able to translate your customer support specialism into strong, flexible and pro-active actions.
- Customer and service-oriented mindset, with a pro-active attitude and determination to provide excellent customer service in an (international political) environment with many stakeholders.
- Ability to build up good and sustainable (international) relations.
- Fluency in Dutch or English (speaking & writing).
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Excel in creating and analyzing performance reports.
- You have strong analytical capabilities and you enjoy solving issues.
- You enjoy and you are able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- You are a quick learner and you have the ambition to develop strong, flexible and pro-active customer support capabilities.
- You have excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office).
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.