About this vacancy
Team player who takes up the challenge to control variants and diversity.
For the Vehicle Installation group, part of the Chassis & Axles department, we are looking for an Engineer Vehicle Installation systems. As an Engineer you are the knowledge holder of a field of hydraulic installations. You are responsible for the development activities that are required within your field.
• On the basis of a project content you are able to draw up a set of requirements that the requested constructions must meet;
• The constructions you make are a well-considered whole in which the set requirements (including dynamic vehicle behavior, safety, reliability, manufacturability, costs and weight) are realized;
• You organize and participate in Simultaneous Engineering teams to support the development process;
• The constructions (CAD files) are created in NX and processed in 3D files with the required product and assembly drawings;
• You are responsible for starting up and following up the necessary tests. In the position of Engineer Vehicle Installation you will work closely with fellow system engineers and report to the Group Head Vehicle Installation.
Department The Vehicle Installation Department is responsible for the development and realization of projects in the areas of:
• Braking system;
• Air supply system;
• Pneumatic installation and components;
• Electrical installation and components;
• Hydraulic installation and components.
The developments are mostly in the mechanical field as well as for mechatronic systems. The challenge for the team is to design these systems in such a way that DAF customers value DAF vehicles for their performance and reliability. These aspects must be included in the realization of this are weighed in order to achieve an optimal balance of service life, reliability, weight and costs. A specific challenge for the team is mainly the control of the variation and possibilities for standardization.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
• You have a technical education at HBO level in the direction of Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechatronics or similar;
• You have (basic) knowledge of mechatronic system development;
• You have knowledge of CAD systems and experience with NX;
• You can easily communicate at different organizational levels, whereby the Dutch and English language is no problem for you; Knowledge of German is a plus;
• You work in a structured way and keep an overview of the work schedule drawn up yourself;
• You feel at home in a dynamic work environment and are result-oriented.
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.