About this vacancy
Are you looking for a Design-position where you can participate in the invention and development of world-class technologies to fulfill the company vision of being a major world leader in clean power by designing Gas Turbine components?
The essential responsibilities of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Design state of the art Industrial Gas Turbine components and systems that meet specified fit, form and functional requirements as well as performance criteria to include emissions, hardware life, cost and overall quality of the products. Follow a strict gated design procedure.
- Interface with other technical disciplines such as Aerothermal, Structural, and Manufacturing Engineering to develop designs that meet all applicable criteria.
- Review and understand gas turbine component material, design features, and cooling configurations to understand design intent. Compare various designs between different engines (based on manufacturer), different versions (based on design evolution over time), and different part numbers with the goal of identifying most effective solutions.
- Drafting & Configuration Management with part numbers, assembly numbers, system level configurations, and other configuration related activities for both Thomassen Energy and OEM hardware
- Support root cause analysis and troubleshooting for engine failures or durability shortfalls.
- Support sourcing, manufacturing and qualification processes to ensure the timely procurement of products within the quality and level of performance set forth by the project specification.
- Provide technical support to the repair and workshop teams to ensure quality and on-time delivery of refurbished and manufactured parts.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND SKILLS
- Expertise in appropriate design tools (Solidworks pref) and basic knowledge FEA (ANSYS pref).
- Expertise in measuring techniques 2D (Conventional) and 3D (CMM/ATOS/Geomagic))
- Compose and review detailed specifications of products, such as manufacturing drawings and specifications, material selection, inspection and test specifications.
- Prepare, lead and summarize project meetings and design reviews.
- Develop knowledge expertise about gas turbine systems; follow what the competitors do and strive to achieve better results; Research and advice about new potential development and innovation opportunities. Build and maintain relations with third parties.
- Provide support to fellow team members creating an atmosphere where everyone will strive for the maximum results.
- Must be able to travel international during peak outage seasons or first installation of new hardware.
Thomassen Energy (TEN) is the leading provider of aftermarket service and solutions to the gas turbine-focused energy industry. Thomassen Energy is part of the South Korean Hanwha group of companies and has a strategic focus on zero carbon emissions solutions. Working at Thomassen Energy means working in a positive working atmosphere with good working conditions. They offer a sustainable career with an eye for your personal development and in which growth is possible within the various disciplines of the organization. They coordinate the needs of the organization and the wishes of the employee as much as possible. Internal and external training can be part of this and every employee has an annual training budget for this. Thomassen Energy has a collegian working atmosphere where colleagues help and challenge each other. Together we work on the organizational goals and where necessary, we are flexible in our efforts to satisfy our customer. Thomassen Energy is ready for the future and playing a significant role within the energy transition, partnering up with business partners fully dedicated to deliver High Hydrogen Gas Turbine Retrofits within the very near future.
Working at Thomassen Energy means working in a positive working atmosphere with good working conditions. They offer a sustainable career with an eye for your personal development, and in which growth is possible within the various disciplines of the organization. They coordinate the needs of the organization and the wishes of the employee as much as possible. Internal and external training can be part of this and every employee has an annual training budget for this. Thomassen Energy has a collegian working atmosphere where colleagues help and challenge each other. Together they work on the organizational goals and where necessary, they are flexible in our efforts to satisfy our customer. Thomassen Energy is ready for the future and playing a significant role within the energy transition, partnering up with business partners fully dedicated to deliver High Hydrogen Gas Turbine Retrofits within the very near future.
- B.Sc. in Mechanical engineering with an emphasis on mechanical design engineering
- Additional Training: Gas Turbine Technology
- Proficient in English
- 5 to 10 years in a similar role and/or equivalent technical experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook / Word / Excel / PowerPoint)
- Excellent experience with design engineering software CAD (Solidworks preferred)
- Highly skilled and interest in intricate problem solving
- Flexible and adaptable
- Self-starter, self-motivated and proactive
- Able to work and deliver under pressure, ability to set and follow priorities.
- Welcome technical challenges, strive and endeavor to provide the solution
- Curious, willing to challenge the status quo and propose disruptive solutions
- Excellent communication skills; Able to communicate in English with fellow engineers, suppliers, sales, customer, shop operator and inspector and internal support organization.
- Team player and empathic; Active supporter of fellow team members.
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.