About this vacancy
100% Serverless | 0 system administration
As a Cloud Specialist within the Engineering Platforms AWS, you can help to bring about this change by:
- Development, management, and maintenance of the AWS Platform;
- Develop security and compliancy controls for the AWS environment;
- Securing customer and company data through automated security compliance;
- Helping DevOps teams in their journey to the Cloud;
Your technology stack consists of:
- AWS CloudFormation, IAM, Lambda, CDK,
- Programming languages, Python;
- Cloud monitoring solutions (AWS CloudTrail, AWS Cloudwatch, AWS SecurityHub);
- CI/CD Advocate
- IaC, Terraform,
As a Cloud Specialist, you make a difference and real impact by driving adoption of Cloud Native Application Designs. By doing so, you will enable the organization to elevate the software & automation processes in a faster, more reliable, and secure way.
This team is in the lead of our global Cloud Transformation. One of the goals of this team is to double the speed of development. We provide a secure and easy way for DevOps teams to leverage the AWS Cloud. In addition, we have a close collaboration with several specialized teams: DevOps, Data, AI, MLOps to understand their challenges and share knowledge.
You will bring the following, with your talent:
- Monitor our clients cloud platform to ensure high availability and performance
- Identify, analyse and resolve cloud platform operational issues (2nd line support)
- Define and implement infrastructure and monitoring solutions for the cloud platform
- Perform operational tasks and processes in the platform including but not limited to backups, restorations, job scheduling, applying system patches, data migrations, data exports and queries.
- Support the architect in de-risking the solution architecture through spikes and investigations
- Support and collaborate with software developers in defining solutions for new platform features as part of a small agile cloud development team.
- Develop and maintain the infrastructure as code stack of our clients cloud based platform using aws cdk and typescript.
- Define and maintain software requirements, design, and test specifications for the cloud platform (esp. related to observability and maintenance).
Imagine you can participate in shaping the future of our clients global Cloud transformation. You will enable the organization with the latetst & greatest tech-landscape! As a Cloud Engineer, you make a difference and real impact by driving adoption of Cloud Native Application Designs. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary energetic, young, and internationally minded team and work closely with software engineers, data and AI, MLOps experts. A great opportunity for professional growth in an ambitious and fast-moving organization. You do this with your colleagues in the Engineering Platforms team by working together with the DevOps teams. Through large and small initiatives, the firm aims to make the world a little bit better. They support local enterprises and larger non-profit organisations and thus contribute to the welfare and prosperity of the community.
This team is in the lead of our global Cloud Transformation. One of the goals of this team is to double the speed of development. They provide a secure and easy way for DevOps & expertise teams within the firm to leverage the AWS Cloud.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to our client. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
What You Will Bring:
- Substantive knowledge when it comes to Cloud technologies & Cloud design patterns;
- Minimum of 2 AWS certifications (Solutions Architect and/or DevOps Engineer and/or Specialty AWS Certifications);
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with AWS development;
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with Agile Way of Working (Scrum);
- You are a knowledgeable cloud developer/engineer (+3 years) and have monitored large scale cloud deployments in production.
- You have experience with infrastructure as code and have worked with at least one of the major alternatives (CloudFormation, CDK, Terraform). AWS CDK and Typescript, Node.js is a strong plus.
- You are an advocate of CI/CD and DevOps/GitOps practices and you have an in depth understanding of cloud application deployment and monitoring.
- You have a good understanding and know-how of AWS serverless stack (e.g. Lambda, DynamoDB, Batch, Fargate, SageMaker, API Gateway, etc) having worked with at least a subset of these
- Cloud monitoring solutions (AWS CloudTrail, AWS CloudWatch, AWS SecurityHub);
- You have a broad understanding and know-how of cloud based software technology having worked with REST and Async (AMQP, MQTT) interfaces; relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and/or non-relational databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB); AI models
- You have good understanding of one programming language (preferably Python)
- You have excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken)
If you also recognize the following points, this is an advantage:
- Big Data Solutions;
- AI | MLOps
- Networking, DNS, and Certificates;
- Various application architecture patterns.
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.