About this vacancy
Embedded Software Engineer
We are looking for people to achieve this change. To realize our mission, we need talented software engineers who want to shape a new age of mobility. Software is driving this change – therefore we need you, your vision, ideas, and technical solutions. You will be working with our best engineers, so you should not be afraid to speak up. Your voice will be heard. We will encourage you to stand up and take the lead. We expect you to bring your software expertise. In return, we will teach you the automotive specific technology and provide an environment to develop yourself in various disciplines. During your first year, you will learn about all aspects of our organization through our Embedded Engineering Academy program. Working in a large company comes also with a lot of opportunities. One day you can be working as a software developer on the engine controller and the next day you could be the scrum master of the digital instrument panel team. You also can be part of the exchange program with our sister brands and working for a sprint in the scrum team of Kenworth in Renton, near Seattle or Peterbilt in Denton, near Dalles. If you stand-out, you will have to opportunity to visit and work in our PACCAR Innovation Center in Sunnyvale, the heart of Silicon Valley. Although this vacancy text contains all the latest buzz words, the reality is more complex. The journey can sometimes be difficult, but in the end, you will be rewarded when you see the result of your hard work on the roads (DAF: this is who we are), or that your software developed in Eindhoven is used for the first Zero Emissions Kenworth (Zero Emissions Kenworth T680 FCEV on the Climb to 14,115-Foot Pikes Peak Summit).
You will be part of an experienced international team of the Platform Development group of DAF Embedded Engineering that is located in our awesome new office in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Our full model based software development process is unique in the industry.
You can read testimonies of our software engineers at https://www.daf.com/en/working-at-daf/meet-your-colleagues/embedded-engineers-hubert-erik-en-luuk and at https://www.daf.com/en/working-at-daf/meet-your-colleagues/ruud-van-den-boomen
Embedded Engineering is primarily located in Eindhoven and has an office in Pune, India and has over 140 highly skilled people today. Together we deliver world class engineering in the domains of engine controllers and vehicle controllers. Next to that, focusing on common software development, Embedded Engineering works closely together with PACCAR Embedded Engineering located in Renton (near Seattle), the USA.
The products developed within Embedded Engineering are applied on DAF trucks but also in the famous PACCAR brands Kenworth and Peterbilt. Through component sales our products are used by leading bus and coach manufacturers.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to
combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER
Technology. The following conditions are applicable:
• Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
• 25 free to spend holidays per year
• A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
• Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
• Good pension scheme
• Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
• Committed to a good balance between work and private life
• An open culture and clear communication
• A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Responsible for the design, realization and test of a system, subsystem and component as part of a user story / feature; understands and communicates consequences of the design on the architecture
- Designs for (manual and automated) testability
- Participates in the planning and retrospective processes during scrum rituals
- Identifies impediments and sorts them out (with support from the scrum master where required)
- Collaborates, supports and guides other team members towards achieving team goals (collaboration and knowledge sharing)
- Executes on the definition of done and ensures minimum build failure on account of integration issues, and acts quickly when failures are detected
- Challenge the status-quo and bring your best software development practices into the automotive industry
- Hack on whatever you want during our bi-annual hackathons
- As an Embedded Software Engineer you will report to the supervisor Platform Development - Software Engineering
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- You have a Bachelor or a Master Degree in Software Engineering, Informatics, Computer Science or equivalent – we are looking for software engineers. Candidates with a background with mechanical or mechatronics as education will be rejected. In case you consider the education equivalent, please motivate which software engineering related courses you followed
- Soft skills: Ability to collaborate well in teams and across, managing conflicts, interdependencies, accountable and self-organizing
- A proactive workstyle and adapt to change
- Knowledge of development methodologies like Agile/Scrum
- Willing to develop software in a model based software environments such as Simulink
- Fluent in English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form; willing to learn the Dutch language
- You have projects on GitHub (or equivalent) which you can show and tell about during the interview (does not to be automotive related - can be any software project even an app for a mobile phone or some backend services)
- And last but not least: willing to learn and show perseverance
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.