About this vacancy
Senior C# Software Engineer
As a senior C# Software Engineer, you'll work in a constantly evolving environment, due to the technological advances and the strategic direction of the company. You work in a scrum team together with 5-10 developers. With each other you deliver high-quality software for a desktop application that has a graphical user interface with a sound architecture.;
With your team you produce robust and maintainable code, you review code from colleagues, troubleshoot issues in production and create automated unit and integration tests. So you are the experienced software engineer that has added value to the entire software development process. Gathering requirements, designing/implementing new features, and presenting the result to our internal stakeholders has no secrets for you.
Besides this you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Handle interactions between the user or factory host and the components of the machine, orchestrating the actions the machine will perform, such that they are executed in the correct order;
- Take part in the full development lifecycle from design to maintenance;
- Initiate and promote new ideas for continuous improvement of the product.
Why is the position interesting for you?
- You have the knowledge and experience to technically lead a team by nature, not hierarchically;
- Willing to take new challenges and keep up to date with new technologies/techniques;
- You like to work in a high-tech scale up company with a good atmosphere and lots of freedom for new ideas.
Our Client is a fast-growing scale-up high-tech company. They design, develop, integrate, market and service advanced metrology machines. Their machines enables our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to increase the production yields, and thus, functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Founded in 2016, They bring together the most creative minds (approx. 160 employees) in science and technology and develop a one-of-a-kind, revolutionary high throughput Scanning Probe Microscopy system.
Getting on board now is a great opportunity to grow with the company from a technical, personal, and financial perspective. Nearfield's momentum is energetic and promising!
Our starting point is of course to pay someone a fair and competitive salary and besides this we offer you:
- we value your work-live balance;
- time for some relaxation: 240 hours of holiday per calendar year (based on 40 hours);
- 8% of your annual salary (gross) holiday allowance;
- Commuting allowance;
- Work from home allowance;
- Discount on your health insurance;
- We are here to support one another, and colleagues are there to help you. TEAM is very important, Together Everyone Achieves More;
- Besides a challenging role where you can utilize the full extent of your professional knowledge.
- You have 5+ years of experience working with C# or similar object-oriented programming language;
- You have experience leading and guiding a team technically without be a manager;
- Strong teamwork skills (Agile/Scrum);
- Able to explain your (design) decisions to teammates with sound reasoning;
- Easily collaborate with non-technical stakeholders on gathering requirements and validating your results;
It’s a strong preference if you have developed desktop applications with a GUI before, preferably using WPF.
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.