About this vacancy
Team Lead Mechanical Engineering
This leading client is a semiconductor metrology equipment company that develops and delivers pioneering process control metrology solutions for the global advanced semiconductor IC manufacturing industry. As a Mechanical Engineer Team Leader, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating a team of Mechanical Engineers. You will be involved in the design, development and optimization of advanced mechatronic systems.
In this position, you promote expertise within the team in knowledge domains by monitoring scientific developments and shaping a corresponding "knowledge agenda" to promote cross-fertilization. You will monitor the overall competencies of the team, identify gaps and propose training and development plans. You are responsible for translating the system architecture into a design that meets the requirements. Thus, you manage the organization of your team to ensure the technical, planning and cost compliance of the projects you are involved in, and support proper follow-up and decision making. You will ensure that technical content is released through their Design and Engineering process. As Team Lead, you act as an interface to the other disciplines within the organization and are responsible for the line management of the Mechanical Engineering Team.
You oversee the daily workload, set priorities where necessary, and coach and mentor the (junior) team members. You are responsible to ensure that the teams are optimally staffed to ensure that the Mechanical Engineering Team can fulfill its crucial function within the company and to involve all necessary stakeholders to make an optimal trade-off between impact and resource requirements. If necessary, you will issue a new vacancy as hiring manager. Your responsibilities also include annual appraisals. You will report to the Design & Engineering Director.
Our client is a Dutch technology company based in Rotterdam. Founded in 2016, the company focuses on the development of advanced nanotechnology products for the semiconductor, data storage and life science industries. They have a unique position in the market by offering Scanning Probe Microscopy (SPM) technology, which allows measurement and analysis at the atomic level. The solutions developed here make it possible to extend the life of computer chips, improve the reliability of data storage and discover new medicines, for example.
Coming on board now is a great opportunity to grow with the company from a technical, personal and financial perspective. The momentum is energetic and promising! Our starting point, of course, is to pay someone a fair and market-based salary, and in addition we offer you:
- They value your work-life balance;
- Time for some relaxation:
- 240 hours of vacation per calendar year (on 40 hours);
- 8% of your annual salary (gross) vacation allowance;
- Travel reimbursement;
- Home office allowance;
- Discount on your health insurance;
- We are there to support each other and colleagues are there to help you. TEAM is very important, together everyone achieves more!
- A challenging role where you can use your expertise to the fullest.
- MSc. or PhD in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years experience as a Mechanical Engineer in mechanical system design in an industrial environment similar in complexity to that of the NFI. Experience in semiconductor equipment is a plus.
- Experience with multidisciplinary project work in the field of mechanics, optics, electronics and software as a team leader or project leader is a plus.
- Experience organizing a team, monitoring workload and prioritizing.
- Experience with precision mechanics, design principles, Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly.
- Experience with system design and analysis in a highly technical and multidisciplinary environment.
- Experience analyzing applicability, accuracy and compliance with technical specifications.
- Experience working with suppliers and co-developers.
- A true team player with strong interpersonal skills and a quality orientation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and commitment to deliver results on time.
- You have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.