About this vacancy
Cloud computing: Where your data gets its own private jet
Do you want to be part of the IT cloud team within Vanderlande? Do you have a passion for everything related to Azure and do you want to inspire and support colleagues within the organization?
The IT cloud team is part of the IT Operations and Core systems department thatis responsible for managing various landing zones in Azure, Oracle Cloud and AWS. The team is still small, but acts as knowledge owner and consulting partner for various cloud topics within the organization.
Within this team you will be responsible for operations, as well as translating technical and business requirements into solutions in our Azure landing zone. You will also be the primary point of contact for all Azure related topics concerning the landing zone. You will act in close cooperation with the cloud architect and business stakeholders to further define and implement the Azure landing zone within Vanderlande's IT landscape. You will also work closely with other IT colleagues in and outside the team, among which network specialists, system specialists, data engineers, people outside the IT department and suppliers.
For this position we’re looking for a highly-motivated, organized, communicative self-starter.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for the Azure landing zone
- You will be operationally responsible for the Azure landing zone
- Design, develop and maintain solutions within the Azure landing zone
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities and translate these into solutions
- Coach and support citizen developers and colleagues within the organization
- Govern the platform with a CI/CD mindset
- Communicate periodically about new platform releases, guidelines/practices and success stories
- Setup and participate within cloud community
- Collaborate with IT-architects, IT-Specialists and provide input for the roadmap and strategy
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, they are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including Amazon and Walmart, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of their network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to their dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through Vanderlande's Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together you will have the confidence and ability to exceed their customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve the collective goals, you will have a hands-on and outgoing role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of Vanderlande's team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach their destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Vanderlande. We offer:
- Permanent employment
- Excellent remuneration
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
• Bachelor or Master Degree in IT or equivalent experience
• Experience with Azure
• Have the ability to think “outside the box”
• You take ownership and have the drive to get things done
• Being able to work with stake holders in the business and IT
• Team player with strong social skills, but also able to work independent (self-starter)
• You have affinity with infrastructure as code
• Communication skills in English, both verbal and written
• Experience with Azure in general areas like compute, network, cloud native services, AAD, etc.
• Experience with Terraform, terragrunt experience is a plus
• Experience with Atlassian CI/CD tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Bamboo)
• Certified as Azure Administrator and/or Architect (AZ-100/AZ-300)
• Experience with Microsoft 365 (SharePoint Online, MS Teams)
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.