About this vacancy
Mechanical Design position for an engineer with a creative mindset and eye for detail
You will be part of a global technical organization and have the opportunity to take on broad responsibilities and solve challenging situations, with personal influence on the results. The organization is a hightech environment, with the opportunity for personal growth.
Responsibilities include but not limited to
- Design / improve design of our machine’s stationary, motion and/or vision modules.
- Do hand calculations, carry out basic FEM analysis whenever required.
- Conduct technical reviews with stake holders.
- Create trade off matrixes whenever necessary.
- Design mechanical mono parts, assemblies, create TPDs and write down mechanical design specifications.
- Create / update FMEAs.
- Monitor our design partners during design process. Make sure K&S WoW is followed.
- Participate actively in internal improvement projects
The organization is a leading provider of semiconductor, LED and electronic assembly solutions serving the global automotive, consumer, communications, computing and industrial markets. Establishing foundations for technological advancement - creating pioneering interconnect solutions that enable performance improvements, power efficiency, form-factor reductions, and assembly excellence of current and next-generation semiconductor devices.
Are you with your mechanical experience interested in aspects related to precise and fast-moving systems? We are looking for someone with a creative mindset, and keen eye during reviews.
The Mechanical department is a part of the R&D environment. The team of 15 members composed of advanced mechanical engineers, senior mechanical engineers, lead mechanical engineers and a mechanical architect. You will be involved in all the design stages including the final product and able to see your own designs due to our in-house assembly, prototyping and testing facility. We are using scrum agile way of working to delivery efficiently.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to join as Engineering Professional and to combine challenging assignments with extensive application and career guidance. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive salary according to the standards of our clients
- 25 holidays per year and the option to buy more holidays
- A temporary or permanent contract with YER
- The possibility to join (y)our client directly after one year
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme according to STIPP
- Every hour of overtime will be compensated
- Open and transparent communication with your personal consultant
- Free Dutch classes
- Personal career coaching from our occupational psychologists
- Broad technical and softs skills training opportunities
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
Required & must have skills
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics.
- Highly fluent in English (Verbally and in writing)
- 2 to 5 years’ relevant work experience as mechanical design engineer.
- Hands on experience with GD&T.
- Eager to take ownership – having a “just do it” mentality.
- Curious, dares to challenge and comfortable when challenged. Preferred/Good to have skills
- Experience with NX and Teamcenter
- Experience with Siemens Simcenter and / or Ansys
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Familiar with design stages such as conceptual design, PDR, CDR.
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.