About this vacancy
Working in the Dutch superyacht industry!
Do you have experience with Quality Control and would you like to take on the challenge of helping to build on our quality standards within production? Can we release you immediately to get started in our robust working environment? At this organization we are looking for a Quality Controller at our the shipyards in Amsterdam and Kaag. Examples of Mechanical systems on board are; bilge, high fog, fuel, hydraulic systems and other thick and thin piping.
At our client they build custom-made yachts that are designed entirely according to the customer's wishes. We start the process with a blank paper on which the first sketches are made. These are then further elaborated until the technique and design come together to form an exceptional product.
The scale of these projects is enormous. Some parts are therefore outsourced to subcontractors. In order to guarantee the quality of every part, per phase, for every project, we are therefore looking for an experienced quality controller. Depending on the phase of the work, you will also be working at our own yards in Kaag or Amsterdam. At these robust locations you are much visibly present on the ships. It is therefore important that you are fully familiar with the safety rules and know how to tackle them.
You work closely with Quality Assurance. You also carry out quality inspections for production so that our product quality and perfection are guaranteed. As a Quality Controller, you check the mechanical engineering work performed in the hull phase, including the work completed by external parties (OCs). In addition, you monitor the established quality standards in order to initiate continuous process improvement.
In your role as Quality Controller, you are present at all inspection moments for the Mechanical Engineering department and the OCs, as described in the Inspection Test Plan (ITP). You are responsible for the presence of the persons involved described in the ITP. If errors or deviations are found in the process or product after an inspection, you will investigate the cause together with the relevant responsible person and follow-up agreements will be made for repair work.
In summary, you are responsible for:
- The digital recording (and archiving) of the measured quality of all interim and final control documents in accordance with the procedure; Inclusion of new control methodologies, moments and documents in the ITP; Keeping protocols, quality manuals, work instructions and guidelines up-to-date;
- Discussing the results and progress of the quality checks with the (assistant) manager of the department and project;
- Documenting and reporting your findings to production, inspection services, competent authorities and customers;
A organisation specialized in design and build of custom superyachts
- A competitive salary
- 25 vacation days + 13 ADV days
- Lots of room for personal development
- You are in possession of extensive knowledge of the (hull phase) of building a ship;
- In addition, you have an eye for detail and quality and you can work independently;
- You have knowledge of the entire construction process, the regulations and the quality requirements of a seaworthy luxury yacht;
- You master the skill of reading drawings/instruction sheets as well as the English language in both word and writing;
- You have knowledge of profession-related or department-specific measuring equipment and experience of working within a production environment;
- As a representative you work for our subcontractors in a solo role.
- Experience in a similar independent position is an advantage;
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.