About this vacancy
Engineering - Data & Configuration Management
The Functional Team Lead – Data & Configuration Management is responsible to lead the Data & Configuration Management team in order to deliver the assigned tasks and functional objectives on schedule, within budget, and to the defined requirements. The Functional Team Lead provides specialised Data & Configuration Management knowledge and expertise in support of the assigned programmes.
- Lead the functional Data & Configuration Management team to deliver the assigned tasks to achieve programme/project objectives through planning, work tasking, and execution of required engineering activities.
- Provide functional oversight, ensuring compliance with all relevant Data & Configuration Management policies and processes, and customer requirements.
- Implement Data & Configuration Management methods, plans, toolsets and solutions that are appropriate and compliant to achieve programme/project objectives.
- Implement training and capability strategies to manage training, mentoring, and development of engineers in the Data & Configuration Management team
- Manage the overall performance, engagement, and capability development of the Data & Configuration Management team through the management of performance development plans, training, mentoring, and other initiatives.
- Support the development and maintenance of Data & Configuration Management work instructions, procedures, technical manuals, and guidelines.
- Create a positive workplace environment through regular meetings, engagement & coaching.
- Support customer and business partner discussions and reviews with respect to Data & Configuration Management aspects.
- Provide guidance on Data & Configuration Management for the assigned programmes.
- Author, check or approve Data & Configuration Management deliverables, documents, and reports as required within limits of signature authorisations.
Our client is reimagining air travel: going further, faster and greener! Fuelled by great people whose expertise and creativity sets the standards in our industry, they’re inspired by the opportunities to innovate and break boundaries. The organization is proud to play a part in protecting the world’s democracies. And they’re committed to putting sustainability at the centre of everything they do, opening up and protecting our planet. With over 15,000 employees across 41 manufacturing sites in 13 countries they serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. There are no limits to where you can take your career.
Besides an innovative and international work environment that offers you a good work-life balance, we offer you opportunities to learn and grow, a competitive salary (Grade M), pension plan, 25 vacation days / 13 ADV days and travel allowance (from 10 km single journey) as well.
- Must possess a high level of engineering functional knowledge (typically Technical Excellence Framework level 4 or higher in an appropriate Area of Expertise) and awareness of other disciplines in order to successfully manage/guide the project/programme technical team.
- Must possess an awareness of business expertise especially in the Aerospace industry and in the product area the project/programme is responsible for (eg. Aerostructures, EWIS, Transparencies etc.).
- Must possess a high level of leadership ability as the role is accountable for the competing parameters of technical quality (Safety/Airworthiness) as well as project schedule and cost adherence for the technical activities.
- Must possess a high level of problem solving skills to successfully manage the technical direction of the projects.
- The role requires a high level of interpersonal skills – see below for details of skills and personal attributes required.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in (Aerospace) Engineering or other relevant field.
- 5+ years experience in Configuration Management of complex products.
- Knowledge of and experience with Configuration Management Standards such as EIA649, CM2, etc.
- 10+ years of relevant experience gained within an engineering discipline, ideally within an aerospace environment and in multi-disciplinary engineering project teams (Design/CM, EWIS, Analysis, M&P, Manufacturing/ Industrialization).
- Experience in managing a team of professional specialists.
- Affinity with IT solutions, such as PLM systems.
- Able to define challenging objectives and achieve them.
- Relationship building at various engineering levels.
- Good command of the English language.
- EIA649 or CM2 (C or P) certification.
- Proficiency in French and German.
- Project Management certification.
- Experience with change management.
- Having worked in multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams in an international setting.
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.