About this vacancy
Engineering professional with Aerospace experience in a Manufacturing Environment
As an Engineering Support Officer (ESO) you are the spider in the Engineering web. The ESO is the side-kick of the Engineering Team Lead (ETL) who is operationally and technically responsible for the Functional Team Leads and the engineers assigned to the Design Built Support Team (DBST). The ESO supports the ETL in assuring that the different disciplines within the DBST are aligned and work together in order to make sure that the Engineering Deliverables are meeting the applicable Technical Requirements (including Manufacturability, Certification / Qualification Requirements) against agreed Schedule and Cost Objectives.
Due to the growing workload and responsibilities of the DBST ETL in the coming year, your support will be required in some of his activities, i.e. participate as Engineering representative in the Partner meetings for several Variants and act as engineering representative for GKN Fokker. Furthermore, you take the role as coordinator of the Qualification Engineering team. This team shows compliance of the product design with the requirements of the various NH90 configurations. Within the NH90 program, qualification activities also include activities for certification. You report hierarchically, functionally and operationally to the ETL, the Chief Engineer and the Airworthiness Officer.
These activities give you the opportunity to become more acquainted with the ETL role and understand the cohesion and dependencies of the different disciplines within the engineering department. This role provides you a sound base of knowledge that will enable you to grow into an Engineering Team Lead or Program Manager role.
Our client is an international engineering and manufacturing company in the Aerospace field. They make components and parts for a wide range of programs. Both civil and military.
- Good base salary
- Excellent secondary benefits
- 38 holidays
- 8,33% holiday payment
- Travel allowance
- Relocation fee
- Dutch language education
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Aerospace engineering or a minimum of HBO working and thinking level.
- Approximately three – five years of relevant experience gained within a technical discipline, preferably in an aerospace environment and in multidisciplinary project teams.
- Some experience in projects management, scheduling and providing day-to-day operational management to the team. Being familiar with execution of Cost & Control (Planning, Tracking / Control) and reporting through Earned Value Management (EVM) is a plus.
If you can define yourself with the following key characteristics
- Team Leadership: Has the Desire to lead others towards the Functional & Business Goals. Lead by Example and ensures a safe Working Atmosphere for and within his Team.
- Strong Communication Skills: Communicates clearly and pro-actively on Priorities, Expectations, Needs and Status.
- Excellent Team Player: Able to work effectively with diverse Team Settings without Hierarchical Power of Command; committed to Relationship Building with Colleagues and Customers.
- Passion & Energy: Is passionate about creating growth for the Company; having energy, energizing others and making others energize themselves; showing a desire to collectively reach results. Hunger for continuous learning, personal Growth and Curiosity.
- Execution: Delivers results day in and day out; relentlessly and consistently over a long period of Time; getting the Work done and the Plans executed; linking People’s Actions and Decisions to the right Priorities.
- (Self) discipline: Gets the work done with Dedication, Rigor and Tenacity; meeting scheduled Commitments; follows through on Plans and Programs; delivers on Promises and Commitments.
- Edge: Able to face Reality and to champion tough Decisions. Taking Initiative, has an Impact, dares to make Choices (even if not all Data is available or mature) and keeps an eye on the Ball.
- Entrepreneurial Drive: Relentlessly driven to achieve results. Based on their insights in customers and industry, they spot opportunities and take risks to make things happen. They measure and monitor performance. They are willing to take risks, based on their conviction that this will move the business forward.
- Strategic thinking: Focus on how to increase capability and potential: they oversee the technical context in which they operate and understand the real issues and developments. They develop plans, roadmaps and strategies covering all areas, focusing on achieving long-term goals. They build a vision on well-tested assumptions and translate this into a plan that covers all areas and focuses on the strategic goal.
- Empowering others: Invest time, money and energy in developing others. They are building the organization’s future capabilities by coaching people. They empower others to grow by delegating fully and providing constructive feedback.
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.