About this vacancy
Test Automation Engineer / Developer in Tests
You will be responsible for a wide range of QA development areas including creation of test plans, scripts, performance plans, and automation of those into DevOps pipelines for continuous testing of high level control software platforms and applications. As a member of an agile team working with Sr. Developers, Architects, and Integration Engineers, you participate in various product development and project specific projects. You are capable to work independently and take full responsibility for the testing coverage of the SDLC from test plan, reporting, and release validation. You will also coach and train others on testing best practices and standards continuously evaluating new techniques and technologies to improve the organizations quality through a customer centric approach.
- Collaborate with Product Owners/BA’s/Architects in refinement and defining story acceptance criteria for controls based software utilized in automated systems for material movement
- Analyze system requirements and review technical specifications to assess, evaluate, and create testing requirements for all software components for functional and end-to-end scenarios
- Follows and coaches best practices for construction and utilization of Hybrid Testing Framework (data-driven, Keyword Driven) to support both Dev and DevOps in Test/Behavior driven designs and DevOps CI/CD pipelines for test automation/integration.
- Collaborate and contribute to automation test system architecture, methodologies, and processes using industry best practices and innovation of testing framework
- Design, construct, and maintain automated test reporting infrastructure for providing technical, project, and business visibility to software quality at various stages of the CI/CD and SDLC
- Assist with performance test creation, execution, and integration into CI/CD
- Collaborate with deployment engineers around customer acceptance test plans evaluating areas of automation prior to software deployment
- Works as a multi-skilled professional practicing SAFe Agile in both a SCRUM/Kanban methodology
- Taking part in continuous improvement through sharing of knowledge and coaching within the team
This company is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, they are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
- Permanent employment
- Excellent remuneration
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent
- A Minimum of 5 years working experience as a QA Engineer or Java Developer in Tests and at least 2 of those years in working with complex testing frameworks supporting automation and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in developing automated tests utilizing Java.
- Need to have experience or exposure with: Java, Cucumber with Gherkin, Postman, Apache Kafka
- Nice to have experience or exposure with: Docker, JMeter, Gatling, Cypress/Selenium, SoapUI, Spring Boot applications, Helm charts
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex test analysis, test case construction/automation and defect documentation for reproduction.
- Demonstrated and effective time management, organizational, prioritization, and planning skills along with the ability to work within a single team and across multiple teams and projects.
- Experience in working with GIT (Bitbucket), SVN or other distributed source control systems
- Working [MM1] knowledge of developing/deployment of test systems/frameworks within cloud systems (Azure, AWS, Atlassian, etc[VS2] .)
- Good interpersonal skills (work well within a team).
- Strong analytical abilities, and able to put forward recommendations in both written and verbal form.
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.