About this vacancy
Do you have a proven track record in a commercial role and advanced interest in energy solutions that drive the sustainable energy transition?
The Sales Manager Energy Storage will be responsible for developing long-term customer partnerships while meeting short-term targets in a highly competitive European marketplace. You understand, anticipate and articulate customer needs and can translate complex market and customer requirements into opportunities, after which you turn these opportunities into internal and external strategic implications.
You do not need advanced energy storage knowledge for this position, but a feel for technical solutions is essential. Additionally, in this position, an assertive mindset is needed to be successful. There are markets to be explored and with your entrepreneurial spirit, you clearly identify opportunities. You approach potential clients for both stationary and mobile energy storage solutions.
As Sales Manager Energy Storage your responsibilities include:
- Establishing contacts fast and on different levels in account organizations (from project to C-level)
- Working with various units and partners, developing, and closing creative solutions to meet partners’ needs
- Applying economic analysis and financial concepts when managing a sales opportunity
- Strategically leverage technical, marketing, end-user, and industry information to enable successes for both Alfen and customers
- Developing and maintaining excellent ongoing internal and external partnerships to communicate and drive customers' requirements into business unit product plans
- Providing weekly/monthly/quarterly sales forecasts and transparency into sales activities by maintaining a pipeline
- Excelling in a complex selling environment and consistently driving strategy across multiple customer sets while contributing to a high-performance working environment and enabling maximum performance for team members
This position is home-based in Spain.
Working at Alfen means working at a company that is literally full of energy. With a track record of over 85 years, this company is passionate about the development and innovational strength of the energy industry. Alfen provides beautiful career opportunities in technological fields, logistics, and commercial or administrative positions.
The company realizes that opportunities in energy storage will play a crucial role in meeting future energy demands. Companies and individuals increasingly produce energy, meaning the electricity grid will be more intensively burdened, while usage will become less predictable. Alfen's energy storage solution is called TheBattery and regulates fluctuations in energy demand and supply while being excellently usable in combination with wind and solar energy.
Alfen offers a complete range of charge points for use at home, at work, and in public areas. Its portfolio includes transformer substations, energy storage systems, charging stations for electric vehicles, and other products and services. This variety of products and services positions Alfen as a central player in the electricity grid. With its broad range of in-house developed products and vast experience as systems integrator, Alfen is passionately building the electricity grid of the future: reliable and innovative and with a heavy emphasis on sustainability and the energy transition.
The right fit for Alfen will work independently in a fast-growing, international environment. This environment enables personal growth and development.
Additionally, Alfen offers the perfect candidate the following compensation:
- Competitive salary package and excellent benefits
- 30 days holiday allowance
- An employer willing to invest in your personal growth and career development
An open, informal, and comfortable atmosphere with inspiring colleagues and regular team events
The ideal person for this position possesses the following credentials and skills:
- Bachelor's or master's degree (hbo) in Engineering, Business, Marketing or equivalent
- Preferably more than 5 years of experience in the Energy or IT/telecom industry
- Knowledge of trends (vertically, in the energy sector, and regarding competitors)
- Constant drive and commitment to achieve highly ambitious targets
- Team spirit, flexibility and enthusiasm, a self-starting mentality, and an autonomous mindset
- Proven track record in sales of complex technical projects
- Confident and charismatic interpersonal and negotiating skills, with the ability to convince and influence others
- Drive to uphold high customer satisfaction, quality, and responsiveness standards toward customers
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts to achieve objectives in creative and effective manners
- Strong business acumen in planning and organizing, information integration, decision-making, and ability to achieve results while focusing on customer requirements and business success, simultaneously safeguarding Alfen’s interests
Are you the result-driven salesperson that helps this technical powerhouse grow to new heights? Apply now!
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.