About this vacancy
With its best-in-class technologies and industry expertise, Emerson distinguishes itself in the market with a complete automation package for the process industry. For their location
As a Business Development Manager Life Sciences you are primarily responsible for meeting or exceeding order bookings and business bookings, particularly within the Life Science Industry. On one hand, you prospect business potential in new accounts: you actively sell assigned products and solutions within the Life Science Industry. On the other hand, you realize this by strategically building and expanding relations with current customers. You develop and maintain positive relations with all relevant buying influences to become a trusted advisor for accounts. Furthermore, you’ll fulfill the following tasks and responsibilities to meet or exceed the targets:
- You obtain maximum order bookings for all assigned products and solutions
- You maintain an in-depth understanding of Emerson Automation Solutions’ products/services and their applications
- You demonstrate and promote Emerson Automation Solutions’ products to prospects
- You are well-informed of the account’s business operations, their strengths, weaknesses, and needs. Based on this, you develop a solution proposal
- You forecast accounts/ business order bookings and business potential to acquire and maintain knowledge of the sales potential
- You actively participate in setting sales targets for the business to improve the market share
- You provide status reports, including business trends and developments within accounts, to keep the management informed
Emerson Automation Solutions is a leader in helping process and discrete manufacturers automate and optimize production processes through their best-in-class technologies and industry expertise. They have the most complete automation portfolio in the industry with the depth of services to back it up. Their network of global industry centers and industry and application experts take on the toughest challenges. Anytime. Anywhere.
As Business Development Manager Life Sciences at Emerson, you’ll be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package, including a bonus, company car, 32 paid leave days and development opportunities.
For Emerson, we are looking for an Business Development Manager who takes initiative and can work under stress and high performance/expectations pressure. You are organization sensitive, have a sound understanding and knowledge of the Process Automation market and are eager to learn more about the Life Science Industry. Further, you meet the following criteria:
- At least a completed technical bachelor’s degree (e.g., (Bio)Chemistry, Electrical-, or Mechanical Engineering)
- At least 3 years of commercial experience within Process Automation
- Knowledge in the field of Automation (GAMP) and interested to learn more about the Life Science industry in specific. You do business with the world’s largest organizations in the field of Life Science
- Experience with negotiating and finalizing contracts. You must be capable to defend Emerson’s interest in business negotiations
- Experience with defining budgets and analyzing market situations concerning expected growth and income
- Excellent command of the Dutch, English, and French language
The steps to a successful match
If you respond to an appealing job opening, the consultant will contact you to schedule an exploratory meeting in the next few days.
Together with the consultant, you determine whether your profile is a good fit for the position. You also assess whether your ambitions are aligned with the direction of the organi…
If the fit is right on both sides, there will be a first-round interview with your potential new employer in the next two weeks.
Depending on the process, the consultant will invite you to the next round(s) of interviews and possibly an assessment center.
If you are selected for the position, you will receive an attractive job offer. We will be happy to advise you on realistic terms of employment.
Frequently asked questions about our vacancies
YER connects you with inspiring organizations throughout the Netherlands and beyond. Is your question not listed? Please contact our team.
We offer a range of contracts for candidates. If you are a starter, a YER traineeship is a great way to get to know interesting employers. With our temporary contracts for professionals, you work for a client on a temporary basis. In both cases, you can transfer to the client’s organization at the end of your YER contract. If you are an experienced specialist, manager or board member, our consultants will put you directly in touch with interesting organizations. Depending on the job opening, you are offered a temporary or permanent contract, or start working as an interim professional.
No matter where you are in your career, we guide you every step of the way and connect you with leading employers throughout the Netherlands. We leverage our extensive network, focus on development and provide personal guidance that helps candidates achieve their ambitions. Find out more about what we can do for you as a candidate.
We collect your personal data from the moment you enter or leave your information on our website, or otherwise register or are registered for our services. Data collected through the use of this website are processed and managed as described in our Privacy Statement. We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure in compliance with all privacy laws and regulations.