Secondment via YER
High Tech, IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Are you motivated by the challenge to support software development teams to deliver the best quality? You will support them by deploying essential software test strategies and methods. All of this is done in support of delivering our world-leading products.
Within Applications - a business line within ASML, one of the world market leaders in scanning lithography technology, we create full-stack software products that run in the most modern Semiconductor Fabs in the world. You will support the development of these software solutions that are instrumental to our lithographic machines. Ensuring reliable operation while maintaining nanometer accuracy and making sure that the system interfaces are consistent and in accordance with the industries high standards. You will be involved throughout all stages of the software development process; specifying, designing, testing and integrating the advanced software for use in our world-leading products.
You will be responsible for the roadmap to drive software faults to zero from a test-based approach. This will consist of several aspects on which you will focus:
- Define testing architecture, test roadmap and test plans within the department
- Drive the improvements in current test efficiency and effectivity
- Drive the roadmap for test automation, set milestones and priorities, and drive achieving those
- Drive the test requirements for CI/CD and help to define the implementation plan
- Be part of the ASML software test community and be a representative of the group in that community
- Inspire and coach development teams by broadening the perspective on software testing methods
- Assists the group / department lead by performing software quality assessments and report the results in terms of coverage and remaining risks, including proposing improvement actions
- Assist projects with risk based testing, FMEA, 5x Why and test result analyses
- Review test-related deliverables, observe automated regression test results, first analysis, follow-up actions, bug advocacy and participate in patch hit analysis
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Education and experience
- Bachelor or Master level.
- Degree in computer science, software engineering or similar technical field.
- Relevant test related training is a must (e.g. ISTQB Advanced).
- At least 8-10 years of experience with software development and testing in large-scale multidisciplinary environment.
- A proven track record with testing software.
- Being able to explain testing concepts and principles like coverage, product risk, how to analyze a product, exploratory testing and how to provide a good test report.
- Being able to demonstrate good test definition and execution skills.
- Experience with test driven development (TDD) and behavioral driven development (BDD).
- Hands-on experience with test management
- Experience with testing Java applications in an Agile context with CI (continues integration) /CD (continues deployment).
- Hands-on experience with leading/coaching teams
- Nice to have ASML domain knowledge
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Take initiative, show ownership and be decisive
- A strong communicative personality with a pragmatic attitude
- Proficient in English language
- Influencing without authority
- Coaching and guiding others