Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. They design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their clients microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
ASML leads the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. In short, we make the machines that make computer chips, or integrated circuits. We build some of the most amazing, complex machines that you will ever see – and the software to run them – to develop smaller, faster and still more affordable chips. It is because of our machines that the world’s technology has steadily evolved.
ASML has prioritized to apply Cloud throughout its IT services landscape. The Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE) is responsible for developing and operating the Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform that is used within all regions where ASML has a significant presence.
The Cloud Engineer is responsible for efficient development and operations. As an engineer you need to balance service reliability and delivery speed. They are skilled at using the Microsoft Azure & Google Cloud platform to build software delivery pipelines, deploy and monitor services, and manage and learn from incidents.
This role is part of the Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE). This teams vision is to provide a flexible and reliable automated cloud platform to enable accelerated and sustainable adoption of cloud across ASML and maximizing the ability to realize its benefits while reducing risks, supporting ASMLs growth and bring innovative cloud solutions to the teams.
- Develop new products and services to be consumed by CCoE customers (DevOps teams within IT and business)
- Develop solutions using modern scripting language for automation of build tasks (PowerShell, Json, YAML)
- Build and deploy resources using Infrastructure-as-Code using tools like PowerShell and Terraform
- Develop solutions using Azure DevOps and Github
- Deliver/update documentation on CCoE wiki
- Be part of a multidisciplinary DevOps team which takes ownership of both new development and operational activities.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Role and responsibilities
- Contribute to technical road-maps for future Azure & GCP cloud implementations
- Participate and contribute in cloud architecture for cloud based applications
- Create solution design using cloud native patterns were possible
- Detect new needed cloud services to be developed and align with CCoE product owner Public Cloud
- Ensure that the implementation is in line with design
- Ensures security and reliability is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions
- Acts as a subject-matter expert around Azure/GCP for ASML
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a Cloud Engineer (GCP & Azure)
- Configuring and using IaaS services (like VM, networking, storage)
- Configuring and using PaaS services (like WebApp, Database services, Kubernetes, Data Lake, Databricks etc.).
- Networking principles and protocols such as IP subnetting, Network Security Groups, routing, Azure Firewall, load balancer, DNS, etc.
- Engineering and coding skills applied in an agile way (Python, Powershell, Terraform, Ansible)
- Working with Azure DevOps for automated deployments.
- Working with Azure cloud native tooling (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Linux and other open source products is a pre
- Work experience from large, international companies and have dealt with or worked for global service providers