Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
We are seeking a skilled Cloud Solution Developer/Architect to support the large number of deployments in our Research Programs. As a hands-on person, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and extending our cloud stack to easily collect, manage, process, and visualize sensor measurements in the health and agriculture sectors. This platform, which is based on Microsoft Azure, is used to develop innovative, and secure applications. You will be working closely with researchers, software developers, and other cloud developers and architects at our offices in Wageningen, Nijmegen, and Eindhoven.
Your tasks will include:
- Designing a scalable, secure architecture for data streaming, processing, and storage.
- Implementing end-to-end data flows for our projects and customers, from thegateway to the cloud.
- Designing and implementing secure APIs for the deployment of wearable digital solutions.
- Implementing dashboards and web front-ends for specific use cases.
- Collaborating closely with engineers and data scientists to productionize machine learning algorithms.
- Presenting your innovative results through patents, conferences, and publications.
At imec, we shape the future.
How? By enabling nano- and digital technology innovation with a significant impact on the quality of life. With our partners from companies, governments and academia. And supported by the three pillars of our R&D:
- a unique infrastructure that includes a 2.5-billion-euro 300mm semiconductor pilot line
- more than 5,500 expert scientists from over 96 countries
- an ecosystem of more than 600 world-leading industry partners and a global academic network
To be discussed
- You hold master's degree in computer science or a related field.
- Ability to independently lead and create a vision and architecture for using data in the cloud in a secure, and innovative way.
- At least 3 years of experience developing cloud services and APIs.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Azure services.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with cloud security strategies and policies.
- Proficiency in Python and .NET.
- Experience with real-time data processing and NoSQL and timeseries databases.
- Familiarity with containerization technology (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Excellent English communication skills.