Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Safety comes first, whether it is in design or in a work instruction. You are an engineer with an eye for detail and a strong affinity with safety. You understand the complexities of the design of the source laser, but you also have a drive to ensure that the people who work on our systems can do so safely. You know what is needed to prevent the risks of arc flash and confined spaces
You will be working in the department ED DE Industrialization, where you bridge the gap between the Industrial Engineers and DE Safety. This requires insight into the technical products and processes of the Industrialization department as well as an expertise in safety.
You own the safety competence within our department. From design to procedure, from knowledge transfer to review, your support structurally improves the safety of our deliverables. You are the main interface for all safety related issues, tooling and processes.
- Own the safety competence within the department, including means & methods
- Align with Process Safety Competence and the relevant Safety Competence Owners
- Help introduce changes in Way-of-Working / Safety Standards in the department, e.g. by supporting impact analysis.
- Act as facilitator or expert in Safety Risk Assessment (SRA) and Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Review work instructions and/or sequences in relation to safe and healthy use of parts/tools, including the related administrative tasks such as PLET
- Actively share knowledge, e.g. best practices, training
- Report on proactive/reactive safety activities and incidents
- Communicate to suppliers with regards to ASML-related safety topics
Education and experience
- Bachelors (HBO) degree mechanical/ electrical/ mechatronics engineering, preferably with min. 3 years of experience in safety.
Proven knowledge of:
- Procedural and/or sequence safety
- Risk assessment techniques
Preferable knowledge of:
- ASML NXE platforms
- D&E PGP
- ASML D&E organization (incl EF/TF/CS/FM)
- CE process for machine safety
- ISO 12100, OHSAS 18001
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
- Above average salary conditions
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Be able to clearly state your own opinion, even in difficult and conflict situations and work towards aligning efforts with others;
- Be able to convince others to make safety a priority.
- Keep deadlines within the framework of daily operations by continuously balancing safety and progress.
- Have a high quality standard.
- Be proactive within your own area of expertise.
- Be creative in finding safety solutions in a wide variety of circumstances.