Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Are you a commissioning engineer who is ready for the next step and looking for an international career? Do you want to be the problem solver in international, fast moving projects and do you like to travel abroad? Then this is the position for you!
For one of my well-known clients I am looking for an international commissioning engineer for their rapidly growing center of competence for data centers. You will join the commissioning team which exists of 5 engineers. The team is part of the “Data Center Distribution Systems” department which is responsible for the realization of multidisciplinary hyper scale data center projects throughout Europe. The department consists out of 150 colleagues of which approximately 100 engineers.
The project scope includes engineering, manufacturing, installation, testing and commissioning of energy distribution systems like medium and low voltage switchgear, transformers, busway systems, protection relays, automation and monitoring systems and modular structures like E-Houses and Skids. The commissioning engineer is the onsite technical firm representative and is responsible for the full testing and commissioning process of deliverables. The goal during this phase is to deliver the project within the agreed timeline according to our client's high quality standards. Of course the work needs to be performed in a safe manner and the commissioning engineer will actively contribute to this. Furthermore there is involvement in the installation phase of the project, e.g. supervising sub-contractors and colleagues deployed by other countries. You guard the high quality standards in line with the relevant procedures.
In short, your responsibilities are:
- Completion of commissioning process according to agreed performance indicators (safe, according time schedule, at requisite quality level, within budget);
- Oversees, coordinates and manage the commissioning team;
- Monitors commissioning results against technical requirements;
- Ensures commissioning team works according defined guidelines, processes and procedures;
- Act’s as onsite technical representative and attends the various commissioning meetings and other commissioning related decision-making milestones;
- Takes care of commissioning related site administrative tasks (e.g. scheduling works, update drawings in line with onsite modifications, closure of open items in commissioning systems);
- Assesses risks and opportunities at site (e.g. economic, organizational or contractual risks);
- Monitors compliance to standards, regulations, laws, quality and EHS guidelines.
For the smaller projects you will take care of the testing and commissioning yourself. For the larger projects you will manage and lead a commissioning team which takes care of performing the works.
The organization provides products, systems, installations as well as services. The supply program covers all areas of electrical engineering and electronics. Business market customers find total solutions in the areas of Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory and Process Industries and Drives.
- A competitive salary depending on knowledge and experience;
- Travel allowance;
- 25 vacation days and 13 adv or project allowance;
- Pleasant work atmosphere and great colleagues;
- Great career opportunities that depend on your ambitions.
To be considered for this position, you'll need:
- A higher-education qualification in electrical engineering;
- A convincing record of professional experience in the commissioning field;
- Expertise in data center projects (or the energy / utility industry);
- Safety is in your DNA;
- Strong communication skills, positive and a ‘can do’ mentality;
- Detailed knowledge in testing and commissioning of power distribution systems (e.g. MV & LV switchgear and transformers);
- Experienced in testing and commissioning of secondary systems (e.g. CT’s, VT’s, protection relays, automation & control systems and bus communication protocols);
- Hand on experience with relevant testing and commissioning methods, equipment and reporting (e.g. primary- and secondary injection, ductor, insulation resistance, HiPot, fault finding and functional testing);
- Willing to work on projects abroad for a longer period;
- Fluent in English (Dutch language would be great);
- Drivers license.
Are you interested and ready to go international?