Secondment with contracting
About this vacancy
As a manufacturing Engineer on the department of New Product Introduction, you are leading the process definition from start of design until release for volume. You are working in a multidisciplinary team and are responsible for the building strategy and control of the assembly process. You are supporting the production organisation in realisation and qualification of prototypes and pilots. At release for volume you hand over the process definition to the Factory Engineers of the production organisation. You are the technical sparring partner for the customer.
Important characteristics for the Manufacturing/Industrial Engineer are:
- Participation in the product development team by delivering input on design for assembly
- Defining the process steps, required tooling for prototype and volume phase
- Executing risk analysis (P-FMEA) and controls
- Support Prototype building and pilot phase for qualification and handover to the production organisation
- You are organising and attending review meetings with suppliers and customers to define products and tools and solving technical issues
- Initiate improvements in the assembly process in collaboration with the internal customer with the aim of achieving both efficiency and quality improvements
- Setting up Lean assembly processes; defining assemblies, work cell layout, workload management, workplace design and physical logistics flows.
VDL ETG Eindhoven realizes system integrations of mechatronic (sub)systems and modules for OEMs of high-tech capital goods and is also active in the field of production mechanization. As a system supplier, our value chain covers everything from (co-)design to parts production, assembly, quality control and testing. In-house facilities include machining, high-speed milling, precision grinding, sheet metal fabrication, laser cutting, mechanical and electrical (cleanroom) assembly, testing, product certification and on-site installation. VDL ETG Eindhoven works according to a certified ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO13485 and AS9100 quality management system.
- Good benefits based on experience and background
- Travel expenses
- Holiday allowance
- Holiday days and extra ADV days
- You finished a technical education as bachelor or major (f.i. Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering, Automotive engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Industrial Engineering)
- You have at least 2 years of relevant experience
- Preferably your experience is in industrial production and engineering projects in the high tech machine production
- As you will be executing a central role, we expect you to be able to communicate well in at least the English language. Understanding of the Dutch language is an advantage.