Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
For one of our appreciated clients, we are looking for a senior software engineer C#.
We are looking for someone who, together with our lead engineers, can validate (re)designs and help not to step into existing pitfalls. Besides this, broaden the knowledge of async/await within the team.
"Experienced software engineer who can help in the transition to an asynchronous codebase, including using concepts such as async/await. So that we can work with a third-party software vendor's API, which requires asynchronous programming. We are looking for someone who, together with our lead engineers, can validate the (re)designs and help not to step into existing pitfalls.
Eventually, you will also help hands-on to apply this design to current code."
Vanderlande is a market-leading, global partner for future-proof logistic process automation in the warehousing, airports and parcel sectors. Its extensive portfolio of integrated solutions – innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services – results in the realisation of fast, reliable and efficient automation technology.
To be discussed
C# engineer, 7+ years of experience;
- Demonstrated experience in working with asynchronous architectures;
- Preference for windows development (WebApi and web development less relevant to our case);
Frontend / Fullstack developer;
- Experience with Windows applications;
- Command queues;
- MVVM in combination with async/await
Experience with async/await:
- Content knowledge of the concept (i.e. not tucked away behind external packages);
- Setting up software designs aimed at asynchronous handling;
- Brownfield development: phased introduction of (among other things) async/await in existing codebase (redesign);
Capable of understanding current architecture and suggesting ways to improve it;
- Unifying synchronous and asynchronous code.
- Thinking along in finding the most efficient partitions