Secondment with contracting
About this vacancy
Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Their products have made a valuable difference for clients for the past 100 years, and we are now looking for a new member to join their Inside Sales Support team and who will assist them in making a valuable difference in the century to come.
The Aftermarket department ensures that compressors continue to operate for years to come through maintenance plans, supply of OEM parts, service calls and equipment modifications to today's technology or changed operating conditions and repairs. The Inside Sales Support team is responsible for creating quotations up to order handling and is working together with the sales team and their global business units.
- Providing quotations and order confirmations including pricing, delivery times and technical descriptions in order to deliver the orders to the customer according to agreed specifications and delivery times, including coordinating the financial completion of the order.
- Based on the pricing policy, determining the sales prices and delivery times, and taking into account price agreements, commissions, delivery terms, market trends, currency risks and past sales data/performance.
- Reviewing Terms & Conditions and contracts of customers before forwarding them to the Legal Department.
- Support the Howden regional offices in providing services to our customers.
- Monitoring progress and coordinate with regard to procurement, operations and logistics.
- Maintaining a good relationship with (internal and external) customers/relations.
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of their engineering expertise and technology, their equipment plays an integral role within the customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
They work in partnership with their customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century they have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. They are proud that their people and business are part of the communities in which they operate in. Their mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned their business since it was established. Constantly improving their products and services according to customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
We offer an interesting and challenging position within a professional, international organization in which you play a key role in the project execution of our projects. You will get the chance to work on a challenging product in the hydrogen market. As they consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, they offer opportunities for personal and professional development. We offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position combined with an extensive package of fringe benefits.
- Relevant technical or commercial background (MBO level 4 or HBO level) by education or work experience in a similar industry.
- Interest in the technical aspects in the role, commercial understanding and creativity to find the best technical-commercial solution (thinking out of the box).
- Experience in evaluating Terms & Conditions and the financial and legal aspects.
- A continuous improvement mind-set: seek, propose, try, evaluate and implement improvements. Take initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including an open and engaging communication style.
- Team player, responsible and a self-starter.
- Quality consciousness.
- Good in setting priorities setting and strong time management skills.
- Fluency in English.