Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Would you like to be involved in the CI/CD process for the advanced software we use in our world-leading products, in particular in setting up an infrastructure for building, automatic testing and integrating our software?
Do you enjoy continuous improvement and automation and would you like to expand your skill set and see your efforts through state-of-the-art software development processes?
Then this is an exciting opportunity for you to apply. We are looking for an experienced DevOps/integrator with a quality mindset, a drive to show initiative, a curious attitude and good communication and people skills.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the development of ASML products. Within this sector the department Machine Control (MC) is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the high level control and data access software of the complex lithographic machines. ASML creates high tech machines; software engineers from MC are facing several aspects of production control, data management and interface control. A huge code base is maintained and under strict configuration management to provide maximum commonality between different machine types.
Ensuring that the existing behavior of the system remains as is, while introducing new functionality is a key competence in this position. The software engineer works closely together with other software engineers to define the optimal solution for ASML. * This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
Role and responsibilities
As part of ASML’s software development groups in the Machine Control department, you will contribute to developing and building software solutions that are instrumental to have our lithographic machines operating at high productivity while maintaining nanometer accuracy and making sure that the system interfaces are consistent and in accordance with the industry high standards.
As a DevOps / integration engineer you will be responsible for setting up and deploying a state-of-the-art CI/CD development environment and take care of the integration of code assemblies. Together with our SAFe / Agile teams you will schedule your activities and agree upon when to deliver the required specifications.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Education and experience
- Bachelor or Master level with an education in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Demonstrable expertise in DevOps and integration, Python, and software configuration management (e.g. GIT).
- Experienced in working in a SAFe or Agile team environment and applying lean practices.
- Experience with QT, code generation, factory automation related data and control protocols (SECS, EDA, etc), data management and security is a pré.
- 8+ years of experience in a high-tech environment.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You have a passion for technology and are excited by the idea that your work will impact millions of end-users worldwide.
- We are looking for someone who has a deep technical experience but at the same time likes to communicate with other departments and wants to understand how complex systems work.
- You are analytical, product and quality-oriented. You have a keen eye for detail.
- You are used to work in a highly complex and procedural environment. To you, proper code documentation is mandatory and you like to keep your work with a high level of structure and clarity.
- You like to work in a team with other design engineers with whom you can exchange technical ideas and debate upon the best solution for each project.