Contract with Client
About this vacancy
A challenging and varied position as Financial Risk Manager, in a professional environment and rapidly changing industry. Robeco offers you a flat hierarchy, close collaboration with and surrounded by driven risk professionals with their own area of expertise and you will have short reporting lines to senior management.
In this dynamic role you will be responsible for the daily financial risk management, by analyzing financial oversight risks and challenge portfolio management. You will ensure that the risk policy framework reflects an appropriate risk appetite, and is in line with regulatory requirements such as UCITS and SFDR. As part of this role you will also manage the risk related regulatory requests and surveys. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders such as portfolio management, product management, legal, compliance and investment restrictions.
The position involves a variety of activities, including;
- Creating awareness and transparency regarding the relevant risks in portfolios through communication with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensuring that the financial risk policy framework covers all key risks and all relevant (regulatory) aspects in a consistent, transparent and proactive manner.
- Participating in various projects to enhance and continuously improve the risk framework and policies.
- Overseeing that risk related supervisory requests and surveys are adhered to in a timely manner.
Robeco is an international asset manager offering an extensive range of active investments, in equities and fixed income. Since the foundation in Rotterdam in 1929, research lies in the heart of everything they do. They combine their pioneering spirit with a cautious approach. They strongly believe in sustainability investing, quantitative techniques, and constant innovation: Robeco was one of the first to offer private individuals the opportunity to invest for a reason.
Find out more about Robeco on their website and watch 'The story of Robeco'.
Financial Risk Management is a corporate department within the CFRO domain that supports the Executive Committee (ExCo) of Robeco by identifying, monitoring and reporting on market, counterparty, liquidity, sustainability and strategic risk. As Financial Risk Manager you will be part of an international team that consists of passionate and driven risk professionals. Financial Risk Management is responsible for the risk management of both the client portfolios and the enterprise itself.
Robeco offers you a professional, passionate and driven risk team in an international, dynamic, and rapidly changing environment. The company culture is down-to-earth and pragmatic. The working landscape offers room for personal input and initiatives: proactivity is required and rewarded. In addition, Robeco offers you:
- Competitive salary, in between € 75.000 - € 85.000 gross annual
- 13th month
- Bonus (discretionary)
- Retirement plan
- Growth- and development opportunities
- Personal training budget
We're looking for a dedicated and analytical professional with the ability to promote risk awareness throughout the organization and who has a cultural fit with Robeco; down to earth, hands-on, and open. You are able to work independently while remaining a strong team player, with the ability to build trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You are result-driven, keep your priorities straight, and can adjust easily. Further, you bring:
- An academic degree, in Econometrics, Economics or Finance
- Over 5 years of experience in (Financial) Risk Management, preferably within Asset Management industry or Financial Services sector related
- Professional qualification as CFA Charter holder and/or Certified FRM is a plus
- Knowledge of regulation (UCITS/AIFMD) and experience with Luxembourg UCITS (is a plus)
- Capable to translate ideas into concrete proposals and changes