Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
When you’re part of us, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $25 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We have a position for a hardworking software engineer in our single particle acquisition workflow team. Within one of the agile scrum teams your task will be to enable our EPU data acquisition application to integrate with sophisticated algorithms resulting in a more advanced SPA workflow on the microscopes. This role will have a string connection with our data management portal (Athena).
You will work within our distributed software environment, combining different technologies (EPU is a .NET/C# based application; Smart EPU plugins a set of Python based AI algorithms) and deployment methods (e.g Docker on a premise Kubernetes cloud).
As a software engineer your responsibilities include the full software development cycle of new features, product improvement and maintenance of our applications.
Apart from that you have to ability to learn the impact of our Electron Microscopy workflows and techniques and see the scientific impact of our products in every quarter release that will be used by thousands of scientific users globally.
Transmission electronic microscopes are the most sophisticated laboratory instruments that are used today. Software applications are important into exploiting all the potential of these microscopes, pushing the limits of current physical technologies. These applications are used by scientists and engineers in life science, material sciences and semiconductor industry, indirectly affecting our life in many aspects. By contributing into these applications, you might help developing better vaccines, new lighter and stronger materials, or more efficient semiconductors. Examples are automated tomography, single particle acquisition, and our semiconductors automated metrology/measurements at nanometer scale.
To be discussed
- Typically requires, BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or related technical subject area
- At least 5 years’ experience with software development in a complex (technical) environment
- Up-to-date knowledge and shown hands-on experience of Python (including new concepts and software best practices)
- Knowledge on microservices, Kafka, REST API
- Knowledge of DevOps practices
- Experience with virtualization and containers (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Prior experience with security components such as: Ingresses (Nginx) and Gateway API (Kong API)
- Experience with Test Automation frameworks
- Troubleshooting with ElasticSearch, Kibana, Grafana
- Knowledge on C# .NET
- Linux scripting experience is pre
- Prior experience with software development in distributed systems